Highlighted

Premiere crashes when I trim linked After Effects clip

Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere 2020 (14.3.1) on Mac OS Mojave (10.14.6)

I'm a daily user of dynamically linked AE files in my Premiere timeline. Prior to Premiere 2020, I was not having problems with this, but lately, when I've been trimming my linked AE clips, Premiere crashes. I don't see it throwing any errors, just an immediate crash.

I don't see any other posts on this topic, so I'm not sure where to go on this. I've had to workaround by cutting and deleting, but that's pretty cumbersome.

Figured out the solution. Turns out I had the deprecated GPU acceleration enabled (OpenCL) rather than the recommended (Metal). As it was not happening on Windows, this seems the likely culprit.

TOPICS
Crash, Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premiere crashes when I trim linked After Effects clip

Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere 2020 (14.3.1) on Mac OS Mojave (10.14.6)

I'm a daily user of dynamically linked AE files in my Premiere timeline. Prior to Premiere 2020, I was not having problems with this, but lately, when I've been trimming my linked AE clips, Premiere crashes. I don't see it throwing any errors, just an immediate crash.

I don't see any other posts on this topic, so I'm not sure where to go on this. I've had to workaround by cutting and deleting, but that's pretty cumbersome.

Figured out the solution. Turns out I had the deprecated GPU acceleration enabled (OpenCL) rather than the recommended (Metal). As it was not happening on Windows, this seems the likely culprit.

TOPICS
Crash, Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 23, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying some more things here to hone in on the issue:

• Reverted to 14.3 but still having issue
  • Happens on several type of trim operations
    • Transitions in Effects Controls window
    • Solid clips
  • Also happens when I'm moving clips from one track to another

This is basically making editing unusable.

Will also try to see if it's happening on my Windows laptop.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 24, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 27, 2020 0