Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere crashes when I use motion graphics

Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Guys

Using windows 10 on a 16gb of Ram, NVIDIA Geforce 2070 graphics card, 1tb of Harddrive, 500gb of ssd, Intel i7 processor. Whenever I go to add or edit a motion graphic layer that has been pre-made the whole program slows down and then crashes. This has been happening frequently in the last few weeks. I have the most up to date grapics card drivers and version of premiere. The processor driver is up to date. I wonder if it is something to do with the settings on Premiere or where I store the Adobe files on my PC. Any help would be appreciated. A bloke can only take so much!

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mogrts can at times require some oomph from the system. Especially with multiple animations and many layers, they can start requiring a lot of load time & RAM ... and 16GB of RAM may not be enough.

What is each drive you list used for? Which is the OS, of course, but also where are your cache/preview files and media files? On most systems, having this broken out so the OS/programs are on one SSD, the cache/previews on another FAST internal SSD, the media/project files on a good internal SSD or spinner with lots of rooms can work.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is the CPU, GPU, HD or RAM getting pegged at 100%?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines