Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Crashes When Opening Lumetri Scopes

New Here ,
Dec 23, 2019 Dec 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello... 

I have had this issue occur in both Premiere Pro 2019 and 2020. Whenever I go to open the Lumteri Scopes panel in "Color", Premiere crashes. However,I found if there is no video files loaded (new project) the panel opens just fine. Once a clip is loaded and selected, the program will crash. I'm assuming this might have to do with the built in graphics card on my laptop. Are there any fixes? 

Thanks!
Kevin

Computer Specs: 

Mac Book Mid 2012
2.9Ghz Dual Core i7
16GB RAM

SSD HD
Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000

TOPICS
Crash , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 24, 2019 Dec 24, 2019

The GPU in your eight year old laptop is not up to the job. Time to get new hardware. IIRC the GPU you have has 1,5 GB of video-RAM and the minimum specs for HD footage is 2 GB, for of UHD/4K you'll need at lease 4GB of vRAM see these specs: https://helpx.adobe.com/nl/premiere-pro/system-requirements.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 24, 2019 Dec 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The GPU in your eight year old laptop is not up to the job. Time to get new hardware. IIRC the GPU you have has 1,5 GB of video-RAM and the minimum specs for HD footage is 2 GB, for of UHD/4K you'll need at lease 4GB of vRAM see these specs: https://helpx.adobe.com/nl/premiere-pro/system-requirements.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way around this without completely replacing my machine? I'm working on a Late 2012 Mac mini with Intel HD Graphics 4000 graphics hardware (which I understand not to be a removeable graphics card, but rather an integrated component of the processor). I was having similar issues to what Kevin described above. After updating to the latest version of Premiere Pro and macOS, Premiere is no longer crashing, but when I open the Lumetri Scopes panel it's completely blank. I should have done more research when I bought my Mac mini. It runs Premiere Pro more or less fine otherwise, at least for my purposes, but if anyone has any insight as to a solution that would get my Lumetri Scopes working without completely replacing my Mac mini with a newer device, I'd love to hear about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE:

The Lumetri Scopes are appearing in Premiere Pro 13.1.5 (2019), which I still have installed on my system. They only don't appear when I am using Premiere Pro 14.0.1 (2020). Any insight as to what this means? I can continue to use Premiere Pro 2019, but will have to completely reassemble the projects I had created in the 2020 version, which will be a pain. Would love to get Lumetri Scopes working in Premiere Pro 2020, now that I know they work in the 2019 version, even with my old Intel HD Graphics 4000 graphics hardware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately your 8 year old Mac mini can't be upgraded. Time for new hardware if you want to use 2020. Sorry. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The lumetri scope tool does not work for Mac 2012.

I contacted support and was informed that my GPU was not compatible with 2020.
But when downgrading to the premiere pro 2019, it worked again!
but why did they do it? Performance?
Won't Abobe fix that?
Hope so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In order for software to take advantage of new improvements in technology it has to eventually leave old, obsolete hardware behind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you, Adobe, should adivise the users, even because it used to work in a previews version, and Davinci do it even an older machine. take care.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The base hardware needs of Premiere were changed moving from the 13.x builds (2019) to the 14.x builds of 2020. So ... no, that isn't going to change. That rig will not be able to properly work with any Premiere later than 13.x.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines