• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere crashing on export to Media Encoder

Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I just updated to 14.9.0, and now Premiere crashes every time I export to media encoder. Anyone else having this issue and or have a workaround?

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jason!

We're sorry about the issue. We can get this checked.

• What are your system specifications (OS, CPU, RAM, GPU)?
  • Are you seeing any error codes or messages?
  • Does it happen with a particular project?

Let us know. Happy to help

Thanks,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, this is happening for so many of us! it's not our specs it's the software on this one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't duplicate it. I even have a project I've tinkered with starting with PP 2017, and upgraded it each time, and it loads and exports well. The first export took a bit to get into ME, but then it exported quickly. I tried a new project also, works fine.

I doubt it's 'the software'. Is hardware a secret? What your hardware is like? Even Win or Mac... is that too much of an ask of you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iMac, everything was working great before this update. I have run into a lot of uncharacteristic crashing since this update.  Opening bins, scrubbing too fast. Switching from full res to half res etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not too much of an ask, I've made enough threads detailing my hardware you get exactly the same response each time.

I use windows, he uses macs, we both have completely different setups, people at work all using different things getting the same issue, when it's spread about over lots of different hardwares it's more than likely a software

Considering Premiere Pro is getting more and more unstable for plenty of people, and plenty are leaving for Resolve, for many of us it gets annoying as hell coming on to the forums to be met with the same generic response

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshots attached of Spec and error, Happens on all projects. Every time. I have restarted many times and I have created new projects.

T/J

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW: I alway keep this option checked in Media Encoder\Preferences:

MyerPj_0-1613772551051.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, confirmed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FWIW: I always delete my cache with every upgrade.

• Start PP from it's normal desktop icon (IE: don't open from a project file link).
• Close the Open/Home screen (and you will be in PP without a project open).
• Go into Edit/Preferences/Media Cache (Mac users adjust menu name)
• Then Press: Remove Media Cache Files: and Delete...
• Select: Delete all media cache files from the system and OK
• Close PP - It will create any needed cache files on the fly as you edit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I always keep the option unchecked.

Especially when having trouble encoding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that Ann. It'd probably be good to toggle that either direction and give it a try when having problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happy Monday everyone, Clearing the media Cache did not fit the problem. Neither did checking and unchecking the import setting box in Encoder.  Since a lot of other people are having the same problem will there be a global fix soon?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They'll have to admit there's a problem first...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Made even more difficult since most of us aren't having that issue. It's hard to fix a problem if you can't duplicate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A clean reinstal might help:

Uninstall using the Adobe CC Cleaner: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, this update sucks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, anyone figure out a fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Most of us are not having that issue, so what have you tried? Roll back if you want to 15.1 maybe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines