Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere crashing whole OS with strange display issue

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

Apologies if this has been mentioned before, but I can't work out a way to search for this specific issue.

A few weeks back I started to get intermittent crashes at seemingly random points while editing. It's a very odd crash - usually my cursor freezes for a few seconds, then the movement returns, but the Premiere panels are totally greyed out, and the entire OS's display becomes unusable (for instance, clicking the top Apple menu buttons at the top reveals the dropdown and can be selected, but the text is totally greyed out. Hard to explain, but screenshot below). It's as if Premiere is crashing the whole system graphics.

The only solution is restarting, but I've noticed that once I've experienced this issue on a project, it returns frequently - for instance, I had no issues all day yesterday, but today it's happened twice in an hour, and I expect it to continue now it's happened.

Can anyone help? Is this a Premiere issue, or could it be a hardware malfunction?

I'm using a 2015 13" Macbook Pro running Mojave (don't want to update as I have some 32-bit programmes that won't be compatible). I've used this system for thousands of hours with no trouble before, until about 3 or 4 weeks ago. I'm largely using a proxy-only workflow, although there are a couple of H264 clips sometimes recently. I'm running Premiere 14.3.1.

Many thanks for your help.

premiere problem.jpg

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Migth want to start with: FAQ: How to reset (trash) preferences. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines