• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere crashing with still photographs

Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a project that is basically creating a video slide show of still images.  There are 35 pictures, all in jpg format, ranging from 1-7MB.  When I first import them with Media Browser, they come in fine.  I drag the folder onto the timeline and all the frames are visible.

However, when I run the sequence, after about 15 seconds, the Program window freezes on one image and does not advance even though the playhead is moving.  I've tried scrapping the project, starting over and the same thing happens.  I've also tried scrapping the project, importing the images, then creating a sequence using a dslr preset at 1080p/24fps and the same thing happens.

What's really strange is that if I don't through away the prproj file and just try to import the folder with Media Browser, the import file dialog box progress bar only goes about a third of the way and then the program freezes.

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

It's not liking one of those images I'll guess.

The megabytes of the image file don't matter here ... the only things that matter are the frame-size and the color space. Frame size shouldn't really be more than at most four times the sequence frame-size. Take say 1920x1080, multiply each by four, and stay at or under those figures for a 1080 sequence.

Color space of the image should be sRGB.

If you need to, go back to Photoshop or whatever you made those images with, and re-do the image to

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not liking one of those images I'll guess.

The megabytes of the image file don't matter here ... the only things that matter are the frame-size and the color space. Frame size shouldn't really be more than at most four times the sequence frame-size. Take say 1920x1080, multiply each by four, and stay at or under those figures for a 1080 sequence.

Color space of the image should be sRGB.

If you need to, go back to Photoshop or whatever you made those images with, and re-do the image to size and to color space.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Neil.  Size is within the specs you mentioned. I was not aware that there was a requirement for srgb, so that could be the issue.  I normally use Adobe rgb 1998, since I want the better color that comes with it when printing.  I'll try changing that and report back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Video post is nearly all Rec.709 ... which means, sRGB. Bringing A-RGB files into Premiere can be dicey for the color/contrast you will get.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That did it.  I guess I learned something today.  😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some jpg and other images are troublesome due to various reasons which is why opening the troublesome image in photoshop and saving it as same filename ( replace file ) usually works to fix it.

In that case it has nothin to do with the color space.. but the file data formatting. ( not all image files are on the same page re: standards ).

There's weird stuff that happens... like to get alpha you might need to save file as 32 bit or whatever. Stuff like that.

Open in photoshop, save as same filename, and you should be OK.. but you might need to manually replace your current image due to cache... like, fix via photoshop and then manually replace in editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines