• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Creates Glitches in Video Footage

Explorer ,
Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well looky here, another goddamn bug in Premiere.  This time it's adding glitches to video footage that are not just present in the program monitor and exports but become baked into the source clip within Premiere.  This glitch is basically a horizontal band of pixels shifting left or right for one or two frames so the talent momentarily looks like their head was run over by a truck.  The type of effect you normally pay Red Giant for when you actually want to screw up the look of your video for creative purposes.  Of course, we double-checked to make sure it was not in the actual source file by playing the C100 .MTS in VLC - no glitch there.  Yet, there it is in the Source monitor, playing back identically every time as if it WERE baked into the source file.  How 'bout that shit, huh?  Offlining and relinking don't help.  The only fix initially was to re-import the clip and use match frame on the corrupted one to fetch in/out points, then drag into the timeline manually and copy/paste any attributes.  Efficiency?  Who needs that, am I right?  I, for one, love having to recut video clips manually for no other reason than the software is a buggy pile of dung.  This presented on two of our machines but did not present on another.  We discovered that one was running the latest version while the other two were running 12.0.0.  Updating resolved the problem.  Great, right?  But I have to wonder - why did this only emerge after the update was released?  How does a new problem develop in an-already released version just because a new one has been released?  Good God I miss Magix Movie Edit Pro 2004.    

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Following, having the same issue...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should file a bug report so that the people who need to see this will:

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. When I export using OpenCL I get glitches. When I switch to Metal, I don't.

(iMac 2017)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why didn't you just transcode the clip?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting glitch (timejump, pixel distortions) in my exports. mp4 original file (no issues) to a H.264 mp4 10-12 Mbps VBR 1 Pass. Same frame rate. Did not have any issues until I installed the most recent update yesterday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried exports in both h264 (.mp4) and quicktime ProRes (.mov) to the same effect.

I have also done software renders (not using GPU acceleration Metal or OpenCL)

I have done this with several different footage pieces and they all artifact and glitch now.

Please advise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 11, 2018 Feb 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having same issues. I have an MOV file (H.264 codec) that is an intro for a series that I produce. It has always worked flawlessly until 2018 update, and now it has the fractured glitches randomly throughout the video that has always been fine before.

My work-around on my intro (and why are we always doing work-arounds????!) was to export the intro as a Targa sequence and then import it into Premiere CC as an image sequence. Voila. No problem, but other video files are completely messed up.

ADOBE--THIS THE SECOND MAJOR PROBLEM THAT I HAVE HAD TO WORK AROUND IN 2018.
First it was the drifting audio in MTS files and now glitchy video playback.
Both of these problems bring the post-production of my business to a near screeching halt.

WHY????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updating to Premiere 12.0.1 (latest update as of today) fixed this issue for me. Also updating Ae and Media Encoder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2018 Apr 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to reinstall the previous version of premiere to finish my project. I'm having issues with it detecting the frame rate at which some (but not all) clips nativity that existed in my timeline before the update. But I'm also having a weird issue with transparent (or partially transparent) clips. It's hard to describe, but it takes a random frame of which its over/covering and grabs that frame, distorts it, and keeps that frame over the whole transparent file.

The only fix I have found is to downgrade the software to it's previous version. I tried relinking the media, trying the same media in a different format, and many other solutions. I hope adobe fixes this soon, because the new version makes editing almost impossible for me.

Side note. I edit on two separate computers, and I had this issue on BOTH computers. So it's definitely not a system issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 29, 2018 Apr 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

chaseh99729108  wrote

Side note. I edit on two separate computers, and I had this issue on BOTH computers. So it's definitely not a system issue.

Are both of these computers are Macs? I've encountered this problem only on a Mac trashcan.

It's seems like less of a Premiere problem and more so a graphics card issue since I haven't heard of it presenting itself on PC systems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the same problem!!!

I upgraded to the latest Premier software and most footage was offline. I was annoyed so I went back to the previous version (12.0.0) and all of a sudden, all my footage is glitchy.  Even when I export to Youtube the file is glitchy. WHY!!!

When you play the original mov. files on the Mac, there a NO glitches, only when you play in Premier Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue and have been on chat to adobe support - they escalated the case but still haven't found a solution.

They said it could be external plug-ins but I am experiencing this issue on raw clips when importing.

Does anyone else use Plural Eyes from RedGiant? I use that to create an XML of my synced clips and wonder if there's any link to this bug there?

I am on a work deadline and paying thousands of $$$ every year for this piece of **** software.

Unbelievable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2018 Jul 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue.  After seeing your comment about RG, I removed the effects I had added with RG Denoiser III and the issue went away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2018 Aug 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to fix by downgrading to version 12.0.1. I could not get any of the versions before or after for version 12 to work. And my file was too new to work on in older versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2018 Aug 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe Premiere.  The only software that gets better as you go backwards in versions.  The Benjamin Button of software.  Where can I download version 0.0.0.0.0.1? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines