Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere creates too many junk saves

Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what these files are? The naming and location is different from the usual auto-saves. These are saved in the same location as the original file

Thanks

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those seem like cache files. Check your settings and project settings to see where your cache is saved to.

Cache.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

apparently  they aren't cache technically. because my cache is in another directory. these files are saved with the original file, in the same folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the extension of these files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Project files (.prproj)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Premiere crashes while it's saving, it might leave behind a temporary .prproj file. Otherwise, I'm not certain how those files ended up there next to the project file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those are looking like preview render video or audio files, try Sequence > delete render files and see if those are deleted.
Also, check Project settings > scratch disks and see if video and audio previews are set to "same as project"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep preview files in another folder. Did a rerendering (because I had already deleted the files in question ) and no new files created in the folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found out the reason the new files get created.

For some time I've been geting this error when I try to save the file. The interesting thing is if it can't save for the first time, it does after a couple of tries. And apparently it saves a new file after each error.

Does anyone now why I'm getting this error in the first place?Screenshot_7.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could it be something to do with the file's permissions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked, I have the full control of the file. Also, it does save after 2-3 tries. Like, I click "Ok" and "Ctrl+S" right away. That is the strange part.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

does seem like it could be an OS problem rather than a premiere problem.  What OS are you running?  You might try making sure your premissions are correct for this drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines