Premiere does not import Canon eos r5 file

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I'm having a lot of teouble importing 4k all-i 50 fps footage. I have a folder wirh the original files as well as the proxys, this folder is about 500 gb of data. I first wanted to edit from a sandisk pro ssd (2000mb/s), this didn't work at all. I then copied all the data to my computer and tried importing it from there. Premiere either takes ages (i'm waiting for ~4 hours now and got about 75%) or it crashes completley. 

I've filmed with the canon eos r5 with and without clog, most of it is without.

I'm trying to edit on a 2019 MBP wirh 2.4 Ghz 8 Core i9, 64 Gb of ram and a radeon pro 5500 8gb graphic card, so the computer shouldn't be the problem.

thankfull for any advise!

david

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premiere does not import Canon eos r5 file

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I'm having a lot of teouble importing 4k all-i 50 fps footage. I have a folder wirh the original files as well as the proxys, this folder is about 500 gb of data. I first wanted to edit from a sandisk pro ssd (2000mb/s), this didn't work at all. I then copied all the data to my computer and tried importing it from there. Premiere either takes ages (i'm waiting for ~4 hours now and got about 75%) or it crashes completley. 

I've filmed with the canon eos r5 with and without clog, most of it is without.

I'm trying to edit on a 2019 MBP wirh 2.4 Ghz 8 Core i9, 64 Gb of ram and a radeon pro 5500 8gb graphic card, so the computer shouldn't be the problem.

thankfull for any advise!

david

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 13, 2021 0
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any ideas?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 14, 2021 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what version of premiere?    Rather than importing everything at once, maybe you should try importing individual clips to start and see how long they take.  Maybe there's a dicey file in there someplace.   

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 14, 2021 0