Highlighted

premiere doesn't recognize alpha channel exported from adobe animate (?)

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Maybe this on belongs to Premiere, meybe to Animat. But anyway:

I export a video from animate to premiere with the stage color replaced to alpha channel (file -> export video/media -> ticked "ignore stage color (generate alpha channel)".

When I import the vido to premiere, I get a black background instead of the stage's background, but no alpha channel.

IMPORANT: I've ceked similar posts, and already tried to: go to modify -> interpret footage in Premiere. All alpha channel options are GRAYED OUT.

The video format I use to export is H.256, high bitrate.

I'm using Premiere Pro 14.3.0, Animate 20.5.1, but had the same probem with previous versions.

Cheers,

Noam

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by mgrenadier | Adobe Community Professional

does h256 support an alpha channel?  Maybe try prores4444 or quicktime with animation codec with millions+ colors?

Topics

Error or problem, Export, Formats, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

premiere doesn't recognize alpha channel exported from adobe animate (?)

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Maybe this on belongs to Premiere, meybe to Animat. But anyway:

I export a video from animate to premiere with the stage color replaced to alpha channel (file -> export video/media -> ticked "ignore stage color (generate alpha channel)".

When I import the vido to premiere, I get a black background instead of the stage's background, but no alpha channel.

IMPORANT: I've ceked similar posts, and already tried to: go to modify -> interpret footage in Premiere. All alpha channel options are GRAYED OUT.

The video format I use to export is H.256, high bitrate.

I'm using Premiere Pro 14.3.0, Animate 20.5.1, but had the same probem with previous versions.

Cheers,

Noam

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by mgrenadier | Adobe Community Professional

does h256 support an alpha channel?  Maybe try prores4444 or quicktime with animation codec with millions+ colors?

Topics

Error or problem, Export, Formats, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An Alpha channel shows default as black.

Did you try to superimpose the clip over a say color matte or turn on the Transparancy Grid in the monitors (wrench).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ann,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, I've tried both. In the alpha view shows the whole clip as opaque.

Thanks,

Noam

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post screenshot clip in List View in the project window selected and Preview Area on.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ann,

The issue was resolved by another answer, but I thank you for your efforts.

Noam

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah mgrandier, that did it!

I exported in quicktime --> default (animate), and got an alpha channel!

I didn't know some codecs don't support alpha channel.

I believe users shoud be warned by the software if they export in contradicting settings. Kinda basic, isn't it?

I'll file a request for that.

Many many thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines