• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Encoding Issue Despite NVIDIA Studio and Rollback

Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am once again trying to understand why my 3.5 hour project will not export and getting that classic Selector: 9, Error: -1609629690/5 (an error that seems consistent and to never be truly patched). 

I've tried contacting Adobe Support, I've tried clearing my media cache, I've tried different codecs, I've tried switching off the accelerated GPU, I've tried rendering from In to Out, and so many, many more common work arounds. 

I saw the post about the recent update to the NVIDIA driver causing the Selector: 9, Error: -1609629690/5 and believed this to be the problem. It wasn't. I tried rolling back the driver to it's original update. No effect.

Can anyone please give any guidance as to what this might be and any recommendations/solutions?

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Export , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

and HEVC is a nasty format,  often created on iphones... which often create variable frame rate clips which do not play well with Premiere.

use mediainfo to determine whether your source is variable or constant frame rate
https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download
if it's variable use handbrake to convert to constant frame rate
https://handbrake.fr
and here's a tutorial on how to use handbrake
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=34&v=xlvxgVREX-Y

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PleaseEmbedImages.jpg

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe 1.pngAdobe 2.pngAdobe 3.pngAdobe 4.pngAdobe 5.pngAdobe 6.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since it's pointing you to timecodes all over the place you may want to look at your footage in general or what sort of effects / plugins you're using in your timeline (if any)

- Can you tell us more about your source media?

- Have you tried creating a new project and importing this sequence into the new project?

- Have you tried transcoding your media and replacing it in the project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and HEVC is a nasty format,  often created on iphones... which often create variable frame rate clips which do not play well with Premiere.

use mediainfo to determine whether your source is variable or constant frame rate
https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download
if it's variable use handbrake to convert to constant frame rate
https://handbrake.fr
and here's a tutorial on how to use handbrake
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=34&v=xlvxgVREX-Y

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course! So there are absolutely zero plug-ins or effects on my video, it's simply the video elements (that being an M4V format).

The video itself is from my partner's Twitch stream. I use the "4K Video Downloader" application to download the stream and then use "Handbrake" to make it into a workable format. It's a bit of a roundabout method, but the thing is it's worked in the past flawlessly and only recently encountered issues.

I have indeed tried both creating a new project and transcoding the media/replacing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you use media info to see if the clips had a variable frame rate?  You cannot predict how premiere will react to vfr material.   May be fine one day and the next....not

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I did! It listed it as "(CABAC / 4 Ref Frames)" which, if I'm not mistaken, means vfr? I apologise if I'm mistaken, I've not used MediaInfo before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

don't think so.  Here's a screen grab of from media info from a cfr clipScreen Shot 2021-01-21 at 12.43.20 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah yes, apologies, I had to switch over my current view which was not showing the frame rate.

It is indeed listed as Variable. So does that mean I should use Handbrake to transcode it to Constant?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This absolutely did the trick, thank you so much! Next time you're in [UNDISCLOSED LOCATION], I'm buying you a drink!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

glad I could help.  and waiting for that drink wherever you are...  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines