• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Export Crash & Preview Pane Video Corruption (MBP 13" on macOS 10.15.6)

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone, I'm completley stumped on this one. Been editing a series of videos without issue until yesterday. I'm not sure if a software update came along and screwed things up, but I can't export or preview videos using any type of hardware encoding. 

When editing, if I have Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration (Metal) selected in the Project Settings for Video Rendering and Playback, I get corruption in the preview pane while the video is paused (see attached screenshot). This corruption goes away when Mercury Playback Engine Software Only is selected. I've never had this issue until yesterday.

Additionally, if I try to export and utilize any type of hardware encoding, it will crash as soon as it begins to render the video (see attached screenshot). If I turn on Software Encoding, it renders fine (albeit slowly). 

I've tried clearing caches, using different versions of Premiere (including older versions like 14.1 and even the newest beta version), opening older projects, creating new projects, new sequences, simplifying sequences (including removing any effects and unused media). I've reinstalled the macOS 10.15.6 update.  

MacBook Pro 13" 2020

2.3GHz Quad Intel i7

32GB RAM

macOS Catalina 10.15.6

Any ideas? 

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Export , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?