Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere export issue: 24 fps h264 video always sped up

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Working on projects for college - animation, specifically - and I've run into a persistent issue: whenever the working timeline is at 24fps, and I export as an h264, the video and audio are out of sync. The video always runs ahead of the audio, and then freezes on the last frame until the audio finishes playing.

No other video type I've tried has this issue, and I don't have this issue for h264 with a timeline at 29.97fps. I can't find or think of any other changes to standard export settings. It's driving me crazy, especially when the timing of video to audio in the clips I'm trying to export are predicated on a number of drawings determined by the assumption of 24fps.

TOPICS
Editing , Export , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try using Software Encoding instead of Hardware Encoding, if applicable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are your source clips from a smart phone or a screen recording?  If so, the issue is probably that some of your clips have a variable frame rate.  Unfortunately Premiere has issues with this and it manifests in inconsistent ways.   Whenever somebody reports odd things happening that there's no obvious explanation for, this is a possibility and I'm amazed at how many times it is the source of the problem.  

use mediainfo to determine whether your source is variable or constant frame rate
https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download
if it's variable use handbrake to convert to constant frame rate
https://handbrake.fr
and here's a tutorial on how to use handbrake
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=34&v=xlvxgVREX-Y

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mgrenadier,

The source clips are still photographs of each drawing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

so is the source an image sequence?  I'd export the image sequence as a high quality format like prores 422hq and then bring that in to premiere and do whatever editing is necessary.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share a screenshot of your timeline, sequence settings, and export settings? Maybe we can spot something you're missing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

default3mr6k2h53ex1_0-1610048483379.pngdefault3mr6k2h53ex1_1-1610048520795.pngdefault3mr6k2h53ex1_2-1610048549914.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines