• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere forgets which Playback Monitor Video Device

Explorer ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have three monitors. *Every* day I open Premiere after turning my monitors off the night before, I have to reset which monitor Premiere is using for playback. It would be really nice for premiere to remember that no matter what, I always use the 1080p display, not one of the 4ks, as my monitor. I open Premiere and half the time it's using my main desktop monitor as the preview screen. Resetting this manually daily is a step I really shouldn't have to take. 

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still nothing on this.

Would it not be fairly simple a change to implement so that Premiere NEVER sets your primary display as the preview monitor? Seems obvious that no one wants their primary desktop display to be the preview monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm using three screens and it's been quite solid.

There are a few things ... first, the main UI for Premiere always needs to be on what the OS sees as the primary UI monitor. A pain in some situations but true.

Second, the options used for the extra space of the other monitors in the OS makes a difference. I think in Windows it's "extend" ... I know there's a couple other options and they can be problematic.

Next, if you have a window of Premiere sticking one pixel over onto another screen ... that can cause issues and it gets wonky. Yea, how easy is it to see one pixel of monitor creep?

Past that ... it's been solid for me. A couple builds back definitely had some issues though. It would be handy to see a screen-grab of your Preferences/Playback dialog.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines