• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere freezes and my Macbook Pro restarts after trying to load my project.

New Here ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having issues whenever I load one of my projects through Premiere. After loading my project I can see it loading all my imported files but then it starts to slow down. I start hearing my fans in my Macbook Pro work harder and then my computer shuts down, then restarts. 

• I have the latest Premiere 14.3.2
  • My MBP is updated to the latest OS and I have 64GB Ram
  • I tried clearing premieres cache and reinstalling premiere and am having no luck. 

Any recommendations to what else I can do? Thanks!

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hard to know if this is a Premiere Pro issue or in combination with your Macbook or just a problem with your Macbook. Couple of things I would try. I use MacBook Pros too. And they will run the fans fast for cooling on intensive renders (particularly After Effects) but rarely while running Premiere Pro. And I can't ever recall a full shutdown while loading a project.

Create a new project - and assuming this new project does not crash your Mac try using the Premiere Pro media browser to import the old project ... this just in case there is something wrong with the old project.

Is the MacBook pro showing any crash reports? This *may* give an indication of what's going on, though I cant help here ... I would consider that it's overheating that's prompting the shutdown, but what in the Premiere pro loading process might be causing this? - don't know. 

I would also check (in this new project)  the renderer in Premiere pro project settings - try changing it from Metal to software only (or vice versa). Also check Premiere Pro preferences under 'memory' and set 'ram reserved for other applications' to something reasonable. I have it set to 18GB - leaving 46GB for Premiere).

One other thing - you say it does get to loading your edit files. In the bottom of the Premiere Pro window it will show the files it's loading by name. Try keeping an eye on what files it gets to when it crashes the Mac ... perhaps (just perhaps) these files or just one file in particular are the cause of the crash. Once you've indentified the file or group of files being loaded when the crash happens try going to these files in the Mac finder and moving them to a different folder so Premiere can't find them while launching. See if the project now loads.

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I'll try these recommendations out and get back with updates if it continues to crash or not. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aaron,

It would be helpful to know your system specifications. Can you give those to us please? That would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2023 Jun 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same issue with 64GB ram, core 19 system. Never had this issue before installing creative cloud. 
For adove premiere pro, it restarts every few hours. For Adobe after effects, it restarts within a minute after opening it.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines