Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere freezes for a few seconds when selecting in timeline

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2021 Apr 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone, 

For a few days now I have been having this strange lag in premiere pro.
Whenever I click and drag a selection box in the timeline window, premiere freezes for a few seconds. sometimes it will still accept inputs in that time, for example I can apply default transitions while premiere is frozen, but most of the time I have to hold down the mouse button and wait for premiere to catch up to my input. It is really infuriating, as it waist SO MUCH of my time. The error uccors in all projects, no matter where the files are saved. I have updated to the newest version of Premiere as of 03. April 2021, reinstalled the whole creative suite twice, restarted my PC countless times and nothing fixes the issue. I have notice a spike in GPU activity for a very short moment (usually under a second) in task manager, maybe that helps. A few days ago everything was still fine 😄

I am running Windows  10 Pro, many HDDs and SSDs, this one is a Samsung M.2 with 256GB, 32GB Ram, GTX970 and GTX770, my main card is the 970 of course and an i7 5820k with no overclock on a asus rampage V extreme motherboard.
I hope someone can help 🙂

TOPICS
Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have filmed the issue using OBS
https://youtu.be/1wMIQLmYl1s 

here you go

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have you installed any new programs or peripherals on your system in the last few days?  Have you used the cleaner app to delete the program before reinstalling

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Maybe try and create a new user account with administrative privileges and see if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

First of all, thank you very much!

Sadly this didn't fix anything though. I reinstalled the whole creative cloud suite after using the cleaner tool. Then I opened a fresh project and imported a file. The error is still there, it still freezes when I use the selection box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines