Premiere Freezes on start-up – iPhone 12 Pro Max HDR footage

New Here ,
Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all. Looking to see if anyone’s had this issue.. Trying to cut material shot by the new iPhone (12 Pro Max). It’s been shot with the HDR (Dolby Vision) enabled in 4K at 25fps via Filmic Pro. Around 300 clips in total in the project. All was going well and got most of the way through the edit – now however when I load the project the system freezes. Think I’ve isolated it down to when it’s linking to the iPhone footage. Anyone else encountered this?

I’ve reset preferences/cache, even wiped the system and did a clean install. Works for a bit then a day or two in, it freezes again. I’ve deleted render files and tried different versions of Premiere all the way back to 13.1.5.

I’m running a 2020 iMac – 10 Core with 64GB RAM. OS Catalina 10.15.7 – Currently Premiere 14.3.2

Project Files/Source material/Cache/Scratch Disks on external TB3 OWC Thunderblade (2TB).

We’ve been trying out the new iPhone so have shot a couple of projects with it, but if it carry’s on like this, it’s a non starter.

Thanks in advance!

Mike

TOPICS
Crash, Editing, Formats, Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although I am on window I too have the12 max. Made some 4k 50 fps hdr footage and they run pretty smooth on 14.8.

Guessing you need to update.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
michaeljameson AUTHOR LATEST
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for the response. Ah yes, should have said. I was on 14.8 before. Rolled back to see if it helped. Have tried all 'available' versions and no difference boringly. On 14.8 it didn't complete the project loadup. I found on older versions it at least opened the project but then froze shortly after.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines