Highlighted

Premiere freezes unless I delete my render files

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only way I can get my Premiere projects to not freeze the program is when I delete that project's render previews folder. Once I do, Premiere works fine.

I even had a project sent to me that froze the program when I opened it. The other person and I each have the footage the project links to but they rendered the footage on their machine and so I don't have those render files. It wants me to relink those files so I choose to offline them but it still freezes so I can't even use my workaround to get the program to work.

Topics

Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premiere freezes unless I delete my render files

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only way I can get my Premiere projects to not freeze the program is when I delete that project's render previews folder. Once I do, Premiere works fine.

I even had a project sent to me that froze the program when I opened it. The other person and I each have the footage the project links to but they rendered the footage on their machine and so I don't have those render files. It wants me to relink those files so I choose to offline them but it still freezes so I can't even use my workaround to get the program to work.

Topics

Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also running version 14.3.1

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And if you re-create the renders, then close/open Premiere, it still does this?

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried that and it still freezes.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines