• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Freezes when I switch to another sequence

Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying to deal with this for a little while now and can't seem to find a fix. Everytime I switch to a difference sequence on my timeline, premiere's playback freezes. The software stays running but the program monitor is frozen. In order to get it working again I have to forcequit, it's then good for about 10mins then happens again. Attached are premiere and computer specs for reference. 

This is not project specific but is happenign across all of my projects. 

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete the Media Cache and Media Cache files:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-clear-your-media-cache-in-30-seconds-in-premi...

If that doesn't work,try resetting the preferences:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-premiere-pro/td-p/...

If that doesn't work, try resetting the Workspaces:
Reset a workspace
Reset the current workspace to return to its original, saved layout of panels.
1. Do one of the following:
• Click the Workspace menu icon and select Reset to Saved Layout.
• Choose Window > Workspace > Reset to Saved Layout.
from here:
https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/workspaces.html

If that doesn't work, try Preferences > Audio Hardware and set Input to None. 

If that doesn't work, try creating a new project and import the old one into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went through all off these steps. This allowed it work for about an hour, but the issue returned. Would there be a reason for it to go away and the come back? seems odd. 

Like I said before this is not project specific, but across all of my projects. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brian,

Sorry for this. What kind of media is this? If you have tried deleting media cache and trashing preferences already, try resetting Adobe folder permissions. Finally, disabling GPU decoding in Preferences > Media has also helped some. Finally, if you updated a project while updating Premiere Pro from 14.x to 15.0, create a new project. Import the problematic project into the new one and test the results.

Give these things a try and report back, OK?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For my current projec the Footage is an MXF file. I've worked on projects that are only ProRes and it was happening there as well. 

MXF File details: Wrapper type: MXF OP1a (type: SingleItem SinglePackage MultiTrack Stream Internal) File generated by: CANON, EOS C500 Mark II (1.00) AVC Unconstrained Bitstream Format: Sony 

What I've identified is it seems to be ok when i'm not using my external grading monitor. So it's some kind of issue with using an external output to my Blackmagic Decklink 4k. For now i'm keeping it off unless i'm doing grading and it seems to be working. This is NOT and ideal solution, but it's what is working for now.

Any advice on getting that to work without premiere freezing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What effects transitions do you have on your timeline? I had a similar issue a few days ago, my culprit was the Morph cut transition

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Lumetri and some .mogrt's for nameplates. Nothing too crazy. 

I think the issue is tied to using an external grading monitor and playback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

it might be your mogrts. have you tried working with the mogrt track disabeled?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines