• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere freezing and crashing when using media from external device

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got a new computer and installed adobe premiere on it and ported over all my old projects over from my last computer. They all converted to the newer project file versions just fine and I was about to pick up where I left off on editing them when audio cuts out on the playback, timeline freezes up, then playback freezes, soon the whole app is frozen, and then it crashes. Opened it back up, same problem happens. Reinstalled premiere, trashed my preferences, tried importing instead of just opening and converting them, updated nvidia studio drivers, still the problem persisted. So I tried just making a brand spankin new project. I drag in a clip from my network cloud drive thing like I always did on my old machine, and start editing it. Adobe starts freezing up again but this time it gives me errors saying "Error retrieving frame *** from ***" and such. So it's saying it was having trouble getting frames from my home network cloud drive. So I instead of dragging it from the network cloud drive I download it to my machine, and drag it into adobe. No more problem, no more freezing, no more audio cutting out, no more crashing. But this doesn't seem like a good fix.

I'd prefer to use my home network cloud drive which I connect to via my ethernet so I don't fill up my computer with media. But premiere seems to only work when using internal files, any help on fixing that so I can use my cloud drive? I had no problem doing things that way on my old machine.

Thank you for reading and I hope somebody can help me with this problem.

TOPICS
Audio , Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best way to edit is from a local drive.

A cloud drive is good for storing stuff, not editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your cloud drive/home network apparently does not have the bandwith to support the bitrate of your video files. You either need to upgrade your home network or use videos with a lower bitrate if you want to use your cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines