• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere gets wrong audio from video clips

Explorer ,
Jun 01, 2018 Jun 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a little bit difficult to explain but I'll try my best.

I have different clips of people talking to a camera. Viewing the clips in the folder where they are, they play correctly, but sometimes in premiere pro the audio changes to a completely different clip of another person talking even though the image is right. In poor words, person A is talking in video but you hear person B talking.

Also, when I place that specific clip inside of a timeline I can see the sound waves match up to the wrong audio and not to the original video, and at around second 20 or 30 the sound waves becomes a flat line even though the audio keeps going.

This bug comes out randomly after sometime that I'm working on the project, and I'm forced to close it, re open it and wait to index before restarting to work and I always lose around 5 to 10 minutes of work every time this happens, and not always the problem is fixed as premiere keeps the wrong audio in the right video clip.

Do you have any idea if this bug is fixable? Or if I have to wait for an update?

Thanks in advance

Premiere pro version:

Premiere Pro CC 2018 - 12.1.1

System information:

MacBook Pro 2017

MacOS 10.13.4

Intel i7 7700 HQ 2,8 GHz

RAM 16 GB

SSD 250 GB

GPU Radeon Pro 555 2 GB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clear preview and media cache.

See if that will work.

FAQ: How to clean media cache files |Adobe Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Already did that, but it keeps coming back.

I even tried to manually delete the cache folders but same result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Valerio,

Please post a screenshot of MIDI setup, Audio Hardware in Premiere Pro preferences (with all Input and Output device list), and a small video (if possible) showing the issue.

This shouldn't happen and I have heard it for the first time but will definitely look into it.

//Vinay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Schermata 2018-06-01 alle 15.43.17.png

I didn't find the midi setup page, is maybe this one?

Schermata 2018-06-01 alle 15.52.20.png

eqMac2 is an equalizer for Mac, I set it to output because the audio from premiere needs to go through it to be able to hear it, but even setting the output to the integrated output (headphones/speakers) the problem is still there.

Now after different tries of deleting cache and restarting premiere, sometimes the audio is delayed from the clip but is the right one though or the same problem with a completely different audio from another clip I have is replaced instead of the right one. But right now it doesn't want to be in the right place.

Just for notice: I used 2 cameras and a shotgun mic so I have 3 audio tracks of the same recordings, in the final export there will be only the audio from the mic, but I need the other 2 tracks as a reference to sync the mic and the 2 cameras.

Maybe I can make a recording with my phone later in the day if I can, so maybe it can be easier to understand the problem I have

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Valerio,

Yes, I think the phone recording can give us some idea about this issue. Let me know if it helps till the time let me check eqMAC2 specs.

Audio midi setup is a MAC application and you can find it using spotlight or going into Applications folder.

Also, create an aggregate device in Audio Midi and select the same in Audio hardware in Premiere Pro. Create a new project, import the files and check if it helps.

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/210295425-How-Can-I-Create-an-Aggregate-Dev...

//Vinay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 15, 2018 Jun 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ValerioM,

Hope all is well. Did Vinay help you solve this issue? Please let us know so we can verify the fix.

Thanks!
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the same issue. This is what happened:

My video was originally a one-minute ad with a voice-over, soundtrack, video clips and photos. I found out I needed to make it 30 seconds. So I re-recorded my voice-over to be 30 seconds, deleted the 60 second VO and inserted the new 30 second VO. Keep in mind, both files had different names. I then edited and deleted the video clips, photos and soundtrack to fit into the 30 second video.

The first time I exported it, all was well. I had no issues. But I needed to export it again in a different format and that's when everything fell apart. The video clips, photos and soundtrack were all fine. The only thing that wasn't was the VO. It had re-inserted the original 60-second VO but only the first 30 seconds of it. So, I deleted the clip again and inserted the new VO and tried to export again. This time, the first five seconds of the new VO was included but it reverted back to using the old VO but from 5 seconds to 30 seconds of it... It's all very strange and really frustrating. When I closed Premiere to open it again, the program wouldn't open. So I had to restart my computer. This happened multiple times. Finally, I decided to re-save the audio from Audition and import it again. That worked.

This was hardly ever an issue in the past. I think it's only happened once and it ended up being something that I did. This time, I'm pretty sure it's a bug in the program...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2018 Jul 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue, haven't found a solution yet (:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2018 Jul 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As workaround I opened the video in After Effects, rendered it there, went to Premiere and replaced footage. Takes some time but fixes the issue:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2018 Sep 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem...Version 12.1.2

I solved it with renaming the take which had the wrong audio from another file with an "_1" and then I had to click "Replace Footage" for the specific take in the project window...

Never had such problems in versions before...I hope the next updates will solve this problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2019 May 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the solution! This made me realize that Premiere probably mixes up files with the same names occasionally, even if they're in separate bins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS IS THE SOLUTION

You just need to reveal the error clip in explorer, and then make duplicate but rename it like 0001 to 0001_copy

whatever makes you happy. and the you just replace the file from premier souce file folder with the new file that just you duplicate. hope you understand my english, hello from Indonesia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2019 Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe I'm not understanding correctly because renaming the clip doesn't have any effect. Yes, it has something to do with .mts filenames being mixed up, but the problem exists even when previewing clips before importing. When I manually clear the media cache and peak files to fix the video already in my timeline, I get random results. Some clips are fixed and some that never had an issue before will suddenly have incorrectly matched audio. I have about 800 clips indexed for an extended project and it seems like it's maxing out PP. Every new clip I import seems to either have mismatched audio immediately, or it causes existing clips to be corrupted. NEED A SOLUTION.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2019 Jun 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, no solution here - just wanted to say that I'm experiencing the same issue. Hopefully someone tells us something meaningful and soon.

I have a big movie project. I create a new sequence for every scene. Every time I create a new sequence, one of the old ones goes crazy. Audio in the video clips changes randomly to something else. The frustration level is extremely high here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2019 Feb 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a solution... If you take the video that is corrupt and make a separate wav file in the same folder, the audio goes back to normal... I was gonna do the editing myself, re opened PP and the audio was already fixed... Hope this helps...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2019 Feb 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made my media offline, then relinked it and the audio matched up again.  So right click 'make offline'  right click again 'link media' locate file and the issue was fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2019 May 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did the same a couple of times but it didn't always work. franzm37142176's solution helped me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2019 Jul 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me. Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked for me. Luckily it was only 3 clips that errored.
Premiere was still acting funky, such as giving an error when i Linked the media back, showing the re-linked audio as muted. But when i saved and restarted the program, it loaded up fine and the errors vanished.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2019 May 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've run into the same problem of the clip playing the wrong audio in the source window. I'm editing a project in PP Version 13.1.1. The project has multiple clips from four cameras. I see this behaviour on only one of  the 21 .MTS video clips. They were shot on Panasonic TM700's and a TM900. The project has both longer and shorter clips. The clip audio is okay when playing it in Finder or VLC, but even when re-ingested to PP, both copies play wrong audio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2019 Jun 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed this problem with clips taking audio from other clips with the same name and solved the problem by renaming the original files on disk and re-importing them so that no two clips in the project have the same name.

Hope this helps! Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having the same issue. Problem is I have clips from 4 different memory cards, about 300 clips per card. Also, they're in .MTS format so show as a single AVCHD file when I look in the browser. I can't even start to imagine manually renaming over a thousand clips..... did you rename them manually?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Short answer: Rename the corrupt clip in Explorer (your project needs to be closed) > restart your project > Premiere will ask you to find the missing clip > choose the renamed clip > solved

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2019 Dec 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has taken me way long to find this simple fix, thank goodness. LIKE GEES I wasted so much time looking for this stupid comment lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines