• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere gets wrong audio from video clips

Explorer ,
Jun 01, 2018 Jun 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a little bit difficult to explain but I'll try my best.

I have different clips of people talking to a camera. Viewing the clips in the folder where they are, they play correctly, but sometimes in premiere pro the audio changes to a completely different clip of another person talking even though the image is right. In poor words, person A is talking in video but you hear person B talking.

Also, when I place that specific clip inside of a timeline I can see the sound waves match up to the wrong audio and not to the original video, and at around second 20 or 30 the sound waves becomes a flat line even though the audio keeps going.

This bug comes out randomly after sometime that I'm working on the project, and I'm forced to close it, re open it and wait to index before restarting to work and I always lose around 5 to 10 minutes of work every time this happens, and not always the problem is fixed as premiere keeps the wrong audio in the right video clip.

Do you have any idea if this bug is fixable? Or if I have to wait for an update?

Thanks in advance

Premiere pro version:

Premiere Pro CC 2018 - 12.1.1

System information:

MacBook Pro 2017

MacOS 10.13.4

Intel i7 7700 HQ 2,8 GHz

RAM 16 GB

SSD 250 GB

GPU Radeon Pro 555 2 GB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome 🤗 Glad I could help and good luck with your project! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2020 Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may have already been said, but I had this issue even when the two files with the same name were not both in the project. Renaming it seems to have worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOLUTION

1. Close Premiere
  2. Rename the files (TestFileA.mp4  ----> TestFileA06042020.mp4). If you have several files to re-name, see this video for batch-renaming files (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9ffWZ_Bt6o)
  3. Re-open Premiere and relink the clips to the files (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWUSpYYPEuU)

That should solve your problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a much easier solution than renaming files, but I'm not sure if it will apply to everyone's workflow.  I edit a short cooking show every week, each week's assets (from two cameras) get dumped into a unique folder (named with the date and that weeks' recipe) and after a few months there will be numerous clips with the same file name spread out among the many folders.  When Premiere got confused and started mixing up the audio I would simply save and close, then create a temporary folder and move all the non-current folders into it.  When restarting the program, just decline to relink the unfound footage ... assets for the current show will be found, while the older files will stay unlinked so Premiere has no choice but to associate the correct audio with the correct video.  If I need assets from a previous show, I just move the desired folder back out of the temporary "hiding place" and restart.

Occasionally, Premier will substitute the wrong audio from a completely different project (usually when closing project"A" and opening project "B" without restarting the program).  If a restart doesn't fix it, temporarily renaming or moving the assets from project "A" will force project "B" to stick to its own assets and not go roving about looking for trouble.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

another workaround:

Set all clips offline, save project, close. In the Premiere start menue: preferences/media cache.

Delete cache but really "all", not only unused!

Reopen your project an let premiere relink and reindexing all files... take some time.

This workaround works sometimes only for one opening. With the next opening premiere swaping around the audio again... why!??? I don't want all the renaming workarounds because of the "renaming" files. I need the files as they are and there they are. Premiere should be able to handle this!

This error exists since CC2018, in 19 and 20 too! Whats wrong with the AVCHD .mts database/cache handling ???

Adobe: Please FIX THIS ERROR! All workarounds are NOT a real solution!

Premiere: cc2018, cc2019 + cc2020

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And yes: import all files via Media Browser 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines