Highlighted

Premiere Has Become Unusable

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Premiere / AE / Photoshop for 5+ years, and 99% of the time when an issue has come up I have been able to solve it myself. 

However, I am at a loss now. My premiere has become unusable, and I've tried pretty much all I know. Adobe CC Cleaner tool, Updated Drivers, Updated Windows, Uninstalled and Reinstalled, cleared the Cache, using an older version of PP, restarted PC, changed the temporary cache to a different folder, uninstalled adobe creative cloud, uninstalled all other adobe programs...

All of a sudden it is completely broken. I contacted tech support and he suggested to install the new Nvidia Drivers (even though I had already done that and they are up to date), and there is still no change. 

Here are a couple of examples of how the program is acting,

https://prnt.sc/vcow28 - When dragging an area to highlight clips, it like "freezes" that highlight and doesn't go away, I cannot highlight multiple clips at once.

https://prnt.sc/vcowdl - my timeline and tracker are not moving with the preview at all. You can see my preview is at 18 seconds, but the timeline tracker is at 36 seconds.

https://prnt.sc/vcsh9b - several panels are not loading and working

These are my specs, though I've been using this PC for 2 years and up until last week with Premiere absolutely no problems with slowdowns or crashes. As of last week, it's completely broken.

Premiere pro version is latest / up to date. Tried 6 different versions, exactly the same problems. Went all the way back to version 13.1.5

Windows 10
GTX 1080 i7 7770k 16 GB RAM

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premiere Has Become Unusable

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Premiere / AE / Photoshop for 5+ years, and 99% of the time when an issue has come up I have been able to solve it myself. 

However, I am at a loss now. My premiere has become unusable, and I've tried pretty much all I know. Adobe CC Cleaner tool, Updated Drivers, Updated Windows, Uninstalled and Reinstalled, cleared the Cache, using an older version of PP, restarted PC, changed the temporary cache to a different folder, uninstalled adobe creative cloud, uninstalled all other adobe programs...

All of a sudden it is completely broken. I contacted tech support and he suggested to install the new Nvidia Drivers (even though I had already done that and they are up to date), and there is still no change. 

Here are a couple of examples of how the program is acting,

https://prnt.sc/vcow28 - When dragging an area to highlight clips, it like "freezes" that highlight and doesn't go away, I cannot highlight multiple clips at once.

https://prnt.sc/vcowdl - my timeline and tracker are not moving with the preview at all. You can see my preview is at 18 seconds, but the timeline tracker is at 36 seconds.

https://prnt.sc/vcsh9b - several panels are not loading and working

These are my specs, though I've been using this PC for 2 years and up until last week with Premiere absolutely no problems with slowdowns or crashes. As of last week, it's completely broken.

Premiere pro version is latest / up to date. Tried 6 different versions, exactly the same problems. Went all the way back to version 13.1.5

Windows 10
GTX 1080 i7 7770k 16 GB RAM

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 03, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issues. It has become increasingly worse over the past week. Now I can't work at all. Done everything the original post has done also.

Windows 10

GTX 1060

i7-8700 16GB RAM

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2020 1
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update 1: I have once again downgraded to V. 13.1.5, I have downgraded my NVIDIA Driver to the Studio Driver from about 6 months ago, and it is "slightly" better, but still extremely unusable. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and I've tried pretty much all I know. Adobe CC Cleaner tool, Updated Drivers, Updated Windows, Uninstalled and Reinstalled, cleared the Cache, using an older version of PP, restarted PC, changed the temporary cache to a different folder, uninstalled adobe creative cloud, uninstalled all other adobe programs...

Do you have the same issues if you go to File > Project Settings > General and set the Renderer to Mercury Playback Engine Software Only?

It seems to be an issue with the computer. In my experience those are issues that will take long time to trouble shoot and when it happens to me i find that the fastest way to solve it it to re-install everything, iow a clean install of Windows 10 and then re-installing Adobe CC and it´s apps. This is fast and efficient.

If you want to be fail-safe and have the option to go back the the install you have today, use any disc image tool to image and keep the status of today´s install for a fast "going back".

Not everyone will agree, but personally i rather spend a couple of hours to do a clean install than a couple of days/weeks trouble shooting. I have no personal data or games on the C: drive. Personal data and games are on dedicated drives, so for me i don´t have to re-download games or worry about moving and saving personal data.

If you don´t want to do a clean install, check the RAM with the already installed app Windows Memory Diagnostic and do some stress tests on the graphic card. Many diagnostic tools aviable on the net for testing graphic cards.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That happens to me too. I can't use Adobe Premiere 2020 at all. I've been continuing to use 2019 but that also has issues.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently trying to use 2019 but it now just has slightly less issues than 2020, which makes no sense. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kellen,

Sorry for this.

Are you working with dual montiors, custom workspaces, or any floating panels? There is a new FAQ out: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-solve-issues-related-to-undocked-panels-in-pr...

Another thing to try that helped a couple of editors: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/premiere-pro-2020-stuck-in-quot-not-responding-quot-can-...

Let us know if either of these things helped.

Thanks,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neither of these things worked, but thanks for the response. Losing more time by the day...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found a workaround form myself. Although it is very un ideal. Because I'm in the color correcting stage the rest of the video is "set". I exported the video and created a new project. After importing the video I can now do everything without any problems. It sucks because I have to add all my cuts again. But now it works. Which leads me to believe maybe the project is corrupted? Does this help with any ideas?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2020 0