Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere hitting 100% GPU on H.264 and not exporting

Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I am having an issue with Premiere Pro (14.8) where whenever I try to export a video that I have been working on, I get an annoying issue with my GPU instantly hitting 100% usage and after a couple minutes of it exporting (it usually hits 15-20% exported before stopping), Premiere freezes and struggles to shut down.

The video that I am trying to export incorporates a few cuts/transitions and animations, nothing too crazy, as well as some effects like blur and audio effects. There are a decent handful of video files that are in this file, and the final duration of the video would end up being 45mins (3.5GB H.264, 2.4GB H.265)

I have tried searching around but all I can really find when Googling the issue I am having is Google misinterpreting the question and giving me a bunch of links for turning on CUDA rendering (which I have already been using).

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Handy specs if needed:

Ryzen 1300X CPU

Asus GTX 1080 STRIX

16GB DDR4 RAM 3200Mhz

Video clips that I am working with are all stored on a 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Export , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the hard drive full?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No the drive that I am working from/exporting to still has 350GB of free space according to File Explorer

I have also tried exporting to a different drive because I saw that might be an issue somewhere else, but I have never had Premiere do this in the past (I have been successfully exporting videos for the past 3-4 weeks)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines