• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere import problem

Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem. I am on a MacBook Pro M1 and Premiere is losing frames. Like the frames are just gone. The files arent corrupt though. I can watch them fine throught the camera and through the laptop. Im wondering if it is just an importing thing. 

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Import , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

I fixed my problem. I had to download all of my footage to my computer again. Thankfully I did not nuke the card. I will just have to download the footage to my computer until I can get a proper storage device.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

first, are you seeing this in the source monitor or have you edited them into a sequence and seeing them in the program monitor.  And please tell us your source properties...  codec, pixel dimensions and frame rate and your sequence settings...  and by any chance are your sources from screen recordings or a smartphone.  If so, the problem is probably that they have a variable frame rate.  

use mediainfo to determine whether your source is variable or constant frame rate

https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download

if it's variable use handbrake to convert to constant frame rate

https://handbrake.fr
and here's a tutorial on how to use handbrake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=34&v=xlvxgVREX-Y

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a GoPro hero 7 silver at 1080p 30. That will also be my final export resolution. I am relatively new to premier and honestly have no clue about the source and program monitors. 
Thank You

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

don't mean to be snarky, but this is very very basic stuff in almost every editing program except for cokamamie (not sure how to spell it, just know how to say it) IMovie and FCPX.   Probably a good idea to do some basic tutorials.  The source monitor is where the clip goes when you doubleclick on it in the project panel.  that's where you mark your in and out, and the program monitor reflects whats playing in your timeline.    I imagine gopro footage is an mpeg format which is heavily compressed and each frame is not discreet.   this article has a good explanation of how this sort of footage can be difficult to work with

https://creativecow.net/testing-performance-and-few-quick-settings/

You might try transcoding to an all i-frame format like prores 422 matching your pixel dimensions and frame rate and see if things behave any better.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It loses frames in both monitors. It also gets all pixely and deformed. Screen Shot 2021-01-23 at 8.31.52 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-01-23 at 8.34.03 PM.pngI guess I knew what the 2 monitors were I just didnt know the technical terms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I fixed my problem. I had to download all of my footage to my computer again. Thankfully I did not nuke the card. I will just have to download the footage to my computer until I can get a proper storage device.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines