• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere imports 60fps footage to 14.99fps

Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shot footage for school projects in 60fps and some in 30fps. The camera I use is a Nikon D5200

All footage of 1920x1080 60fps is imported as 14.99fps and interpreting the footage only speeds everything up and murders the audio.

But anything that was shot in 1920x1080p 30fps is fine, no issues at all. I will for future purposes record that way for now until I find a fix to this.

I don't understand the problem with the 60fps footage as I never had this issue before on older versions of Premiere.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018

This issue should be addressed in the 12.1.2 update that was just released. The files should be back to the behavior seen in 12.0.1. Make sure to delete your Media Cache before opening the files with 12.1.2.

More information on fixed issues and new functionality:

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb/fixed-issues.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/whats-new.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ignore this, just solved.

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 02, 2018 May 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Protokore.

Try to use Shutter Encoder to convert your 60fps natives files in ProRes (editing codec)...

Try first with one footage. Import in premiere the new file. The ones recorded with the nikon are compressed in H264.

It can fix the issue. Let us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2018 May 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Change the mov extension to mpg.

See if that will work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would it be possible for you to supply some sample files that have this issue? You can post a link here or DM me a link.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2018 May 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We also have problems, the file was recorded on nikon d5200. 60i fps, but when It is imported is interpreted like 14.99 fps, any solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Protokore,

Sounds like this may be a known bug. Can you add your comment and vote to this issue? version 12.1.1 turns my 60i footage into 14.99fps. when i go back to 12.0.1 it processes the footage...

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue - shot on an Nikon D7100 at 60 fps. Import in any manner into Premiere Pro imports as 14.99fps - nothing I do will fix it. I've watched it in several media players outside of PP and it plays properly. Here's a link to one of the files we shot:

Dropbox - JNL6558 - Copy.MOV

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 01, 2018 Jun 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the sample file! I've started investigation and I noticed the following:

- 12.0 & 12.0.1 report the file as 29.97i UFF (Upper Field First)

- 12.1 & 12.1.1 report the file as 14.99i UFF

You had mentioned that you shot the footage on Nikon 7100 as 60fps. Was it actually recorded as 60p (59.94 fps) or 60i (29.97 fps)?

Looking at MediaInfo, it reports Frame rate: 59.94, but Original frame rate: 29.97. It also reports Scan type: Interlaced, Scan type, store method: Separated fields, Scan order: Top Field First.

So, it appears that the file should be 29.97i UFF, but I wanted to confirm with you.

Thank you, again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2018 Jun 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was under the impression that we were recording at 59.94 - the only way to get that was to go to 1080i on the D7100. My D750 will record 59.94 in 1080p and it imports with no issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curiosity; I'm still trying to understand the Mediainfo listing for these issues.

I had never noticed "Scan type, store method" in media info. Looks like this was added to mediainfo at some point. Some/all of the samples I have seen here showing the 14.99 issue have "Separated fields" as the value for this. (The other options I find in searches is the traditional "interleaved fields.") I found some info that suggests to me that the separated option means the app has to do the work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 01, 2018 Jun 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Protocore,

This is a known issue. We have a bug filed. We hope to have a fix in place soon. Sorry for the frustration.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo Again ..

any news about the date of the new update please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Any news?

I'm in the middle of editing a wedding video and all of the DCS/Nikon footage has suddenly slowed and glitched but my MVI/Canon footage is paying fine. I've tried the modifying the frame rate but as stated above it just turns into Chipmunks footage.

I could possibly Handbrake all 241 video files, but as you can imagine time is of the essence here as this is an important project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe policy is not to announce a projected date for an update. We have been told "soon."

The only way to control your destiny is to revert to 2017. 2018 project file will not be compatible, so you have to use one of the methods to convert the file through exporting an XML or similar. But all your edits may not transfer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh brilliant lmao

Gonna pour myself a drink and research 'exporting an XML' file

Thank you dude.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2018 Jul 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK!! I have a FIX!! Try using "FREE MP4 CONVERTER"  www.anymp4.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue should be addressed in the 12.1.2 update that was just released. The files should be back to the behavior seen in 12.0.1. Make sure to delete your Media Cache before opening the files with 12.1.2.

More information on fixed issues and new functionality:

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb/fixed-issues.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/whats-new.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2020 May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I'm having this issue with some 60fps footage with the current Premiere version, 14.1. Any ideas?

EDIT: I looked further and think it may be a variable frame rate issue. Going to try HandBrake.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just switch your sequence framerate to 60 fps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines