• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere imports 60fps footage to 14.99fps

Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shot footage for school projects in 60fps and some in 30fps. The camera I use is a Nikon D5200

All footage of 1920x1080 60fps is imported as 14.99fps and interpreting the footage only speeds everything up and murders the audio.

But anything that was shot in 1920x1080p 30fps is fine, no issues at all. I will for future purposes record that way for now until I find a fix to this.

I don't understand the problem with the 60fps footage as I never had this issue before on older versions of Premiere.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018

This issue should be addressed in the 12.1.2 update that was just released. The files should be back to the behavior seen in 12.0.1. Make sure to delete your Media Cache before opening the files with 12.1.2.

More information on fixed issues and new functionality:

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb/fixed-issues.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/whats-new.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your computer gear, OS and all that?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PC.PNG

AMD Radeon R9 200 Series.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's been a few users reporting issues with PrPro doing odd things to 60fps media.

But ... how about downloading/installing MediaInfo. After installing, drag/drop one of the 60fps files onto the app's icon on your desktop. When it launches, go into the Tree view, and grab screen-shots of both the video & audio sections. Post them in your reply. Be nice to see what about this (if possible) is ... different.

And maybe the same for the 30fps media clip PrPro sees correctly. Comparisons, you know.

Neil

MediaInfo download page: https://mediaarea.net/nn/MediaInfo/Download

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

30fps example.PNG

60fps example.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2018 May 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone explain a) the framerate (60) and original framerate (30) and b) the "scan type, store method." Google was not really my friend. I assume this is, as Neil says, ordinary footage. But one comment (with different media info specs) was that a container (QT) and codec could have conflicting info in a file. Since the older PR reads it correctly, it would point to some difference in the newer PR method of interpreting such header info?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stan,
Sorry first for my poor english, it's not my native language. I will try to explain some points.
Framerate / original framerate means that the footage is recorded in "interlaced" mode. It means also theres 2 pictures recorded for 1 displayed. If you check the MediaInfo reports you can see there's too kinds of files. The first recorded in "Progressive" 30fps : ok! And the second one in 60fps "interlaced"... Then 30fps for real.

"Scan Type" is the mode that I'm talking about (progressive or interlaced)

If you shoot a video in 60fps interlaced, premiere should interpreting the footage in 30fps.
I think there's first a conflict between the progressives and interlaced files, cause you need to choose 1080p or 1080i sequence to edit your videos.

That's why I advise to convert / conform footages with third-party software before editing in premiere.

Last point, I had issues since the 12.1 premiere update with my Nikon video files. Premiere do not recognize H264 MOV from my camera. This is the reason while I recommend to convert in ProRes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your footage is 60i then interprete it as such.

I agree with Averdahl. No need to convert.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also would like to mention that I downloaded the older version of Premiere Pro, Back to 12.0.0v and no longer have any issues with 60fps on any footage. Plays smooth and correctly alongside audio. Although this is not a direct fix to the problem, at least for now, this is a compromisable workaround. Till a newer version fix is found.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's pretty standard media, by the M-I info.

Hope you filed this on their new bug/features system ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right click on the clip in the Project panel and choose Modify > Interpret Footage and use the "Assume this frame rate" and set it to 59.94 and click ok. No need to convert the footage.

You can select multiple clips to set the frame rate once.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Averdahl  wrote

Right click on the clip in the Project panel and choose Modify > Interpret Footage and use the "Assume this frame rate" and set it to 59.94 and click ok. No need to convert the footage.

Definitely worth a try. Some users with this issue have reported that it doesn't work because the audio is wrong after the interpret footage.

I searched and found some reports of similar symptoms over the last several versions at least. Very odd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem here with 60 fps footage being "interpreted" as 14.99 fps. Footage is fine and camera settings are correct. While playing the videos with Quick Time player, it shows the right amount of frames.

I also tried the "Assume this frame rate" option and changed it from 14.99 fps to be interpreted as both, 59.94 fps and 29.97 fps. While it seemed to fix the video/image issue, it speed up the audio making it sound like Alvin and the Chipmunks. It simply doesn't work, it seems like there's a bug that must be addressed by Adobe.

Thank you all for your input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If anyone can provide sample files for investigation, it would be greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Here's the link to an .mp4 from a Samsung HMX-Q20 with which I'm having the same problem:

01 Samsung HMX-Q20 2017-03-31 Los Bultos en vivo en Tío Bizarro.MP4 - Google Drive
This started happening since the last update; I used to work with these files just a month ago with no problems.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Sergio. Are you saying that the file was correctly 60p in Premiere Pro 12.0.1? I will look into this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure about the version numbers, but yes, it was correctly 60i or correctly interpreted as 30 fps.

Whatever the case, it worked fine.
Last time I used files from this camera with no issues was in january.

I first discovered the problem at the end of april.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did verify that in 12.0.1, this file imported in Premiere Pro as 29.97, but in 12.1 and 12.1.1 it imports as 14.99. I wanted to make sure that 29.97 is what you recorded and was correct as QuickTime Player, VLC and MediInfo all report frame rate as 59.94 (MediaInfo does report Original frame rate as 29.97, however).

Screen Shot 2018-05-21 at 9.58.30 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo everyone ..

i'm also having the same issue with D5200 Videos since February i guess .. the same problem in all Adobe new versions such as After Effect, Audition and Media Encoder.

i tried also to search for it and tried many things such as :

- HandBrake and different Converters (i lost the smooth motion in compare to original + Quality)

- Assume Frame rate (some frames drops and lost few clips as the duration went to half + audio is not correct anymore)

Till now i saw on the post only explanations of the issue and it seems that now it's clear that new updates are having some issues regarding to this problem ... now what are the solutions?

Update : For now i've uninstalled all of them, and reinstalled 2017 from this page Download legacy versions of Creative Cloud apps

Thanks in Advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would it be possible for you to provide us with sample file(s) that have this issue? This would help us for investigation.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2018 May 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i've already installed the older Version, but now i know actually somehow the reason .. it happens when i work only with 60i files instead of 60p.

it didn't happened on older Versions .. only since April it started to happen.

Thanks in Advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to me that version 12.1.1 is not as compatible with variable frame rate videos.

A crazy calculation:

MediaInfo: original frame rate: 29,970 (30000/1001) FPS

Premiere: frame rate: 14.99

Scan type, storage method: separate fields

upper field 14.99

lower field 14.99

Original frame rate 29.97

Total: 59.95

MediaInfo:

Frame rate: 59,940 FPS

Minimum frame rate: 59,920 FPS

Maximum frame rate: 59,960 FPS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would it be possible for you to provide sample file(s) that reproduce this issue? This will help with investigation.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The example I gave was about the bond that Sergio Parrella gave kindly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I've been having a very frustrating time with frame rates recently. I am recording 60fps video on a OnePlus 8 Pro, and despite trying many methods I can't get 60fps video to upload to Premiere Pro. After direct file transfer, onedrive and google drive all videos result in a 25 fps video in Premiere Pro.

Any ideas as to why? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jahan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines