• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere in black screen and no CUDA rendering - what graphics card should I buy for my budget???

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am so confused - using premiere pro with an Nvidia GTX 1050 graphics card 2gb (not on the adobe recommended list sad face!!!), 32gb ram, SSD hard drives, and premiere pro will go to a black screen which means I can't edit my video. On top of this, it has stopped letting me render anything HD or 4K if there is even just a simple transition or position movement in the video using the CUDA renderer which is 10 times faster even if not rendering CUDA effects. This is also having every other program off while I am working and I have both updated premiere pro and my Nvidia driver. I have tried many of the solutions here in help as well. I also create proxies for all my 4k video, that helped the black screen problem in the beginning, but it has come back...

So I want to buy a new graphics card, which I hope will help have been looking at a refurbished M4000 or a brand new P2000, willing to look at RTX and GTX

let me know what you would buy if you had a budget of between $500 to $700 Australian Dollars. I do not play games on my machine and just want the best that I can get for my budget and for using Adobe software.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2 gig for a graphics card is the bear minimum but in reality you need at least 8. Stick to a gtx.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am going buy US dollars. I think an RTX 2070 super might be your best bet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be aware that currently, $1.00 USD actually equals $1.41 AUD. And based on current pricing, an RTX 2070 SUPER will cost the thread starter at least $850 AUD. The RTX 2060 SUPER, at $730 AUD or more, costs just above the thread starter's maximum GPU budget. And even the plain RTX 2060 is very, very close to the upper limit of his specified budget range.

And forget about the Quadros, as the M4000 is actually older than his current GTX 1050 and is less likely to continue in mainstream support for much longer, while the P2000 is not sufficiently more powerful than the GTX 1050 to be worth its extremely high cost for what it delivers (the P2000 is actually a cut-down version of the GTX 1060 6 GB card, with only 5 GB of VRAM, only 1,024 CUDA cores (instead of the 1,280 in the 1060) and only a 160-bit memory bus (instead of the 1060's 192-bit). Worse, it still costs more than triple the price of what the GTX 1050 had ever sold for. To me, the P2000 is a definite ripoff at current street prices, especially since cheaper GPUs outperform the P2000 in Premiere Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would not buy a used M4000 or P2000  th GTX line of card is fine.  Look at nothing less than a GTX1660, In Canada that card is $350 CAD so should be about the same in AU$ currency;  Use the chart linked below and pick a card in the GTX/RTX line that is lower on that chart up to the max budget you want to spend is my advice.

This chart that shows the cards capable of NVENC in the order of worst to best (top down) in the GTX/RTX family, the Quadro cards are on there, but becasue they are on the bottom doesnt make them better then the GTX/RTX cards Above it:

https://developer.nvidia.com/video-encode-decode-gpu-support-matrix

If you can afford an RTX card, that would be better for some features in premier like auto reframe I'm told (but never used this myself, so not sure what RTX gets you for that tool set).  The "Ti" cards of the same model number are the better version, faster for Cudu processing etc.  And "Super" version if better than the ones without Super or Ti and a little less powerfull than the "Ti" version (the middle model).

If your workign with Proxy, the NVENC encoder updates in the latest Premier will be very helpfull to you also to make proxy work faster, the suggestions here include that technology so you can benifit from that.

The RTX 2060 and if you can afford it the 2060 Super (or Ti) should be both in/close to your budget and work really well for what you described.  I think you would be very happy with the RTX 2060 variants, more so than a used card you indicated before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines