Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Intermittently Crashing

Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Community,

Has anyone else experienced system hangs and/or blue screens while working in Premiere Pro?  To clarify this may not be a specific problem to Premiere, however I have experienced both of the aforementioned issues while using Premiere alongside After Effects (both running simultaneously).  When it is about to happen my CPU usage goes to 100 on all cores and stays there until either the system hangs and/or blue screens.  Is this a known issue?

My system specs are as follows:

OS - Windows 10 Pro 2004

CPU - i9 9940x

MB - ASUS ROG Strix Gaming-E II X299

RAM - 128gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200 (currently running at 3000 due to stability issues)

Graphics - Nvidia GTX Titan XP

System Drive - WD Black 1tb NVME

Cache Drive - Samsung 970 EVO 1tb NVME

Current Media Drive - 3 WD Black 2tb NVME in RAID 0 on a HighPoint x16 PCIE RAID Controller

Current Projects Drive - Samsung 970 EVO 1tb NVME

Archive Drives - 2 WD Ultrastar 7200rpm

Thank you in advance for you comments and advice.

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not a common issue, no. Obviously hardware is not your issue, unless the issue is that it's too advanced! I'm not even sure that's possible, but there's only going to be so many people out there with a Titan GPU, so most of us probably aren't going to have experience with issues related to that card, and if there are any other hardware gremlins in that system build. Again, maybe there are none.

It may be worth doing a clean install of Premiere after using the CC cleaner if there is indeed something funky with the current install.

Often we'd also ask about the type of media you're working with. Even on a beast computer, if the media you are working with is equally beastly, you'd want to be aware of proper editing workflows with intermediate codecs or proxies. Hardware is only half the battle. That being said, most of the time that's just going to be performance related, and typically isn't going to crash everything. Anyway, sorry I don't have more to offer. Hopefully some other peeps get eyes on this as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Phillip,

Thank you for the response.  I am planning on changing my cooling solution.  I will keep you posted as to my progress.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, yeah. I'd be curious. Always trying to learn more about hardware things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've had blue screen on Premiere Pro but these have usually been down to trying to push CPU Core speed too high, or more often that I haven't got the memory settings optimised.

Are you running XMP profile for your memory in BIOS settings ?. I found XMP 2 profile on Corsair Vengeance 3200 memory caused random blue screens . This may be down to Memory voltage setting - but easiest way was to select XMP1 profile in BIOS.

This may or may not solve your issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines