Premiere is freezing / generating errors when I try to export

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My export/render situation is currently a mess. I've been a Premiere Pro user since 2013 and I've never experienced anything like this before. Long story short, I spent an entire day trying to export a preview video for my clients without success--and I went down the rabbit hole of the Internet to try and find a solution...but I'm officially stumped.

Since I'm making a short documentary-style video, I have sourced footage from a few different cameras and with varying frame rates (30fps, 60fps, 1920x1080, 4K Canon-log, etc from Canon 6D Mk ii, Canon 5D Mk IV, the new Canon R5, etc). My sequence is 1920x803 (2.39:1), 60fps, 00:04:59 long, previews currently set to Apple ProRes 422 HQ. 

I have my own custom LUTs and they're located in the correct "Creative" folder. They exist in Media Encoder, too. I have Warp Stabilizer applied to some of the clips in the sequence, too. Usually, I can only color grade for about 10 minutes before receiving the Lumetri AEVideoFilter: 11 error, but that's another story.

My timeline has been rendering without errors and the playback is decent (some areas of lag and chop). BUT, when I attempt to export the video within Premiere OR Media Encoder, the render will freeze around 46% OR generate errors (A Low-Level Exception occurred in Lumetri AEVideoFilter: 11 ... GPU Video Filter: Get Frame Dependencies ... Error Compiling Movie ... etc). At this point, the only thing I can do is Force Quit to get out of Premiere or Media Encoder and start the cycle in this purgatory all over again. 

Things I have already tried:
1. Removing the problematic clips from the timeline (at the Error Message's specified time code)
2. Copying and pasting everything into a new sequence (AND new project)
3. Clearing Media Caches
4. Resetting Preferences
5. Exporting in both Premiere + Media Encoder
6. Exporting with Previews in Premiere (because I render my timeline before each export attempt)
7. Switching between H.264 and Apple ProRes 422 HQ for previews and export (Apple ProRes seems to work better)
8. Restarting / Re-installing Premiere + Media Encoder
9. Restarting my computer (MANY times)
10. Enabling / Disabling Hardware Accelerated Decoding
11. Optimizing rendering for Performance or Memory (I have the maximum allowed RAM available for Premiere / other Adobe products not used on this project – 58 GB!)
12. Switching between Renderers (Metal, OpenCL, and Software)
13. Ensuring all Warp Stabilizer Clips are analyzed
14. Ensuring there are no gaps in my timeline
15. Ensuring all Nested Sequences aren't missing frames

If I'm totally off-base with something or if you have another solution idea, please let me know! I'll do anything at this point! 

Computer Info:
2019 Macbook Pro (16 inches)
macOS Big Sur (Version 11.0.1)
2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9
64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB
Running Premiere Pro 2020 (14.6)
Running Media Encoder 2020 (14.6)

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by R Neil Haugen | Adobe Community Professional

First thing I'll comment about, though it may not be "the problem" ... is I hope by saying you have the LUTs in the correct folder, you mean any LUT you've made or acquired is in the following locations, and NOT in the Program/package folder tree of the programs themselves. You need to create the final folders in "tree", the Technical folder which the Basic tab will use and the Creative folder which the Creative tab will use.

Park all your LUTs here, they'll be seen and used by all the apps: Premiere Pro, AfterEffects, MediaEncoder and Prelude.

Lumetri LUTs Looks Findable Locations.PNG

Adding LUTs into the Program/Package folder location with the included ones is bad on so many levels ... just don't ever do it.

Next ... applying Warp which is the heaviest effect in Premiere Pro, then doing something also heavy like Lumetri is simply asking for trouble. I recommend doing a render/replace on every clip you have applied Warp to before doing anything else to that clip.

So those would be the two things I would note from your post. Parking LUTs inside the Program/Package folders is liable for problems, as is applying Lumetri and other effects to a clip with Warp applied to it. Take care of any of those situations, then dump all cache/cache database/preview files, and see if it will export then.

Neil

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Export, Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premiere is freezing / generating errors when I try to export

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My export/render situation is currently a mess. I've been a Premiere Pro user since 2013 and I've never experienced anything like this before. Long story short, I spent an entire day trying to export a preview video for my clients without success--and I went down the rabbit hole of the Internet to try and find a solution...but I'm officially stumped.

Since I'm making a short documentary-style video, I have sourced footage from a few different cameras and with varying frame rates (30fps, 60fps, 1920x1080, 4K Canon-log, etc from Canon 6D Mk ii, Canon 5D Mk IV, the new Canon R5, etc). My sequence is 1920x803 (2.39:1), 60fps, 00:04:59 long, previews currently set to Apple ProRes 422 HQ. 

I have my own custom LUTs and they're located in the correct "Creative" folder. They exist in Media Encoder, too. I have Warp Stabilizer applied to some of the clips in the sequence, too. Usually, I can only color grade for about 10 minutes before receiving the Lumetri AEVideoFilter: 11 error, but that's another story.

My timeline has been rendering without errors and the playback is decent (some areas of lag and chop). BUT, when I attempt to export the video within Premiere OR Media Encoder, the render will freeze around 46% OR generate errors (A Low-Level Exception occurred in Lumetri AEVideoFilter: 11 ... GPU Video Filter: Get Frame Dependencies ... Error Compiling Movie ... etc). At this point, the only thing I can do is Force Quit to get out of Premiere or Media Encoder and start the cycle in this purgatory all over again. 

Things I have already tried:
1. Removing the problematic clips from the timeline (at the Error Message's specified time code)
2. Copying and pasting everything into a new sequence (AND new project)
3. Clearing Media Caches
4. Resetting Preferences
5. Exporting in both Premiere + Media Encoder
6. Exporting with Previews in Premiere (because I render my timeline before each export attempt)
7. Switching between H.264 and Apple ProRes 422 HQ for previews and export (Apple ProRes seems to work better)
8. Restarting / Re-installing Premiere + Media Encoder
9. Restarting my computer (MANY times)
10. Enabling / Disabling Hardware Accelerated Decoding
11. Optimizing rendering for Performance or Memory (I have the maximum allowed RAM available for Premiere / other Adobe products not used on this project – 58 GB!)
12. Switching between Renderers (Metal, OpenCL, and Software)
13. Ensuring all Warp Stabilizer Clips are analyzed
14. Ensuring there are no gaps in my timeline
15. Ensuring all Nested Sequences aren't missing frames

If I'm totally off-base with something or if you have another solution idea, please let me know! I'll do anything at this point! 

Computer Info:
2019 Macbook Pro (16 inches)
macOS Big Sur (Version 11.0.1)
2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9
64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB
Running Premiere Pro 2020 (14.6)
Running Media Encoder 2020 (14.6)

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by R Neil Haugen | Adobe Community Professional

First thing I'll comment about, though it may not be "the problem" ... is I hope by saying you have the LUTs in the correct folder, you mean any LUT you've made or acquired is in the following locations, and NOT in the Program/package folder tree of the programs themselves. You need to create the final folders in "tree", the Technical folder which the Basic tab will use and the Creative folder which the Creative tab will use.

Park all your LUTs here, they'll be seen and used by all the apps: Premiere Pro, AfterEffects, MediaEncoder and Prelude.

Adding LUTs into the Program/Package folder location with the included ones is bad on so many levels ... just don't ever do it.

Next ... applying Warp which is the heaviest effect in Premiere Pro, then doing something also heavy like Lumetri is simply asking for trouble. I recommend doing a render/replace on every clip you have applied Warp to before doing anything else to that clip.

So those would be the two things I would note from your post. Parking LUTs inside the Program/Package folders is liable for problems, as is applying Lumetri and other effects to a clip with Warp applied to it. Take care of any of those situations, then dump all cache/cache database/preview files, and see if it will export then.

Neil

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Export, Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 05, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 05, 2020 1
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil,

You are a lifesaver. My LUTs were actually installed in the incorrect folder ("Package Contents" vs. "Library" on Mac)! Putting them in the Library folder and Render + Replace solved my problem. For clips with Warp Stabilizer applied, I had to hide the warning banner before rendering and replacing because "New Frames Need Analyzing" would somehow get baked into the rendered clip (even though I had already analyzed all frames beforehand and had not included handles in Render + Replace). Other than that, I was able to export successfully! Thank you SO MUCH! 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 13, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just glad you're working away again.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 13, 2020 0