Premiere is SO SO SO slow. I can barely get anything done. Please help.

Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working in MacOS Catalina: 10.15.7

I am on Adobe Premiere Pro: 13.1.5

These are the renderers listed under Project Settings->General. I've tried both of the top renderers to no avail. 

peteandrus_0-1616089712948.png

Currently, I am just cutting audio. I play, then rewind, cut a bit, then rewind. It started off sluggish, but now it's taking around 5 seconds to start, and then a second or 2 to stop. I can't deal with it. please help!

Thanks!

TOPICS
Editing, Performance

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peteandrus,

Sorry for the performance issue. Defintely go with Metal for your renderer. What are the specs of your Mac? Meeting system requirements? https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/system-requirements/2019-1.html Please also let us know the format of your clips. If they are H.264, you may want to use Render and Replace on them to test if that might work better. Here's the settings I use.

Screen Shot 2021-03-18 at 10.57.15 AM.png

Let us know if any of this advice helps at all.

Thanks,
Kevin

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the format of my clip:

peteandrus_0-1616098317972.png

I am going to play around with render and replace.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines