Premiere Just Shows Black Video

Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anybody else have this problem? I am editing just fine when I make a change to an adjustment layer or extend a clip and then Premiere stops being able to playback any footage or audio. The scrub head will play through the timeline but in the project monitor, it just displays a black video and doesn't play any sound with it at all. Also, if I try to open a video in the source monitor it shows that the file is opened up in the source monitor but only plays back a black video. I've been able to fix it by restarting Premiere but would like to know if there is a way to prevent this from happening so I didn't have to do it all the time.

Computer Specs:

Windows 10, RTX 2060 Super, 32gb of RAM, Ryzen 3800x 3.9 GHz. Editing 8K R3D RAW files.

TOPICS
Error or problem, Performance

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not count on Windows to be fully up to date when it comes to device drivers
Go to the vendor site to be sure you have an updated driver for your graphic adapter
•nVidia Driver Downloads http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
••for Premiere Pro and MAYBE Premiere Elements use the STUDIO driver, not the GAMING driver
•••such as (MAY not be the latest) https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/drivers/results/170344/

There are also intermittent reports that the newest driver is not always the best driver due to driver bugs or compatibility issues, so you MAY need to try an earlier driver version

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

matsonjones,

Sorry. Try turning off hardware decoding. Restart the computer.

Thanks,
Kevin

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines