My Premiere Pro crashes at random all the time and it's driving me insane. Started happening with the newest patch. My GPU is long overdue an upgrade, but I've used Premiere before on this computer without these issues.
The crashes happens at random without any error message (Sometimes I get a crash log). Even though it happens at random 90% of the times it happens when I'm trying to play back a video or if I perform any actions too quickly (Like adding in a new clip and playing, or transforming and then adjusting opacity too quickly etc.). The crashes happens more frequent if the project is larger.
Running the newest update of Windows 10 64-bit.
Premiere version 15.0.0 (Build 41)
Intel Core i7-8700K 3,7Ghz - Ballistix Sport 32GB DDR4 RAM - MSI Z370 Motherboard - Corsair Force MP510 M.2 SSD - 3GB AMD Radeon R9 200 (HD 7900). Upgrading the GPU as soon as RTX is back in stock.
Source footage is from a Fujifilm X-T3 and are .MOV files (H.264, 4k 60fps, 10Bit, 100/200Mbps).
No error message, it just crashes and disappears at random, but mostly when trying to playback video. It sometimes pop up a crash report so I have a few dmp files.
Things I've tried so far:
- Use different footage. The same thing happens when using different footage (from a different camera or from the internet etc.).
- Re-installing Premiere Pro without any luck.
- Clearing my cache.
- Use proxies (ProRes low).
- Tried converting all of the clips to ProRes and starting over, but it keeps happening
- Tried turning off GPU Acceleration
Crash, Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Performance