Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PREMIERE KEEPS FREEZING MY COMPUTER

Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2017 Dec 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!
I recently started to experience Bluescreens when using premiere, with and without cuda acceleration.
I had some other problems on my pc so idecided to Format my entire drive and reistall windows.

Now that i have installed windows again and all my adobe programs, Premiere still freezes. This time there is no bluescreen, but just a hard lock with audio still playing in the backround. This is also with and without cuda acceleration.

I have tried different nvidia drivers with no luck

Anyone that have had the same problem and managed to fix it?

Extra info:
win 10
All the footage i have tried with on my PC worked fine on my Macbook Pro (High sierra) Both with and without openCL acceleration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 08, 2017 Dec 08, 2017

Looks like disabling intel graphics worked.
I could not work out how to disable it through the bios, but i just disabled it through windows.
No freezes so far. Ill report back if it freezes again!

Thanks for the suggestions guys!!!

Moderator Note: For Premiere Pro 14.8, please install the NVIDIA Studio Driver. Download is here. (https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/drivers/results/167762/)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Liquid_soda  wrote

Hey!

I had some other problems on my pc so idecided to Format my entire drive and reistall windows.

What were the other problems?

You may have a failing hard drive or memory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2017 Dec 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Other problems included Slow boot, generally low fps in games, and some runtime-errors that i could not fix.

when i reinstalled windows i dont have any of those problems anymore except premiere freezing my pc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you follow Step 4d below when you rebuilt?

Unofficial Premiere Pro Troubleshooting Guide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ill give the steps a try, but i have a pretty fresh install of win10. only adobe CC and steam is installed on my computer now. Adobe has its own disk for everything.

Could the problem occur because i have premiere running of the same disk as i have the scratch disk?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try updating or rolling back your video driver directly from the video card manufacturer's site.

Exactly what is your hard drive setup (how many, what kind, how full, what is on each)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disk 1; 256GB SSD for OS
Disk 2: 3TB HDD for Games and Storage
Disk 3: 1TB HDD For only Adobe products
Disk 4: 500GB disk for Dropbox (where i keep my pictures)

Earlier i had adobe and my games on the same disk and it worked fine. Its now recently (late 2017) that Premiere started acting up
I have also tried many different drivers directly from nvidias webpage.

I will try the tip that says to disable intel intergrated graphics. maybe that will help. If not there is nothing else i have not tried. Every problem that i had before i reinstalled my windows and formated every drive is gone exept the problem with premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2017 Dec 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like disabling intel graphics worked.
I could not work out how to disable it through the bios, but i just disabled it through windows.
No freezes so far. Ill report back if it freezes again!

Thanks for the suggestions guys!!!

Moderator Note: For Premiere Pro 14.8, please install the NVIDIA Studio Driver. Download is here. (https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/drivers/results/167762/)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is an old post but any more issues?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you now experiencing the same issue? i am as well, 2021 looking for a solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here unfortunately. Brand new build. I thought maybe it was my thunderbolt 3 ports on pc or the G-tech shuttle I'm using. I've updated my bios and the thunderbolt drives and it was ok yesterday, until it crashed again today.

But there's no pattern, I play games for hours with no problem. Blender or Cinema 4d with no problem.

All I know is it only happens in After Effects and in Premiere.  Also, Lumetri has been acting super weird. It resizes my footage...and it isn't currently compatible with mac, which it used to be. Starting to think this is just another bad and unstable adobe update. I seriously am up to here with Adobe.

Specs:

PROCESSOR
Intel® Core™ i9-10900K CPU @ 3.70GHz
GRAPHICS
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

MEMORY
128 GB
STORAGE
WDC WD2002FAEX-007BA0
Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB
HP SSD EX920 1TB
KINGSTON SV300S37A240G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

good to know im not alone in this.. It happenig with no explination. I can run games fine no issue, but if i open some clips in priemere everything freezes. Adobe being aboe and having the weiredst most inconvinent problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know it's. Terrible. And the worst part is I don't have an intel graphics to disable, so I can't even use this fix!

😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, i am in the same exact situation. I run a visual produciton company, and adobe is over here costing me time and money with their random issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well let's see if we have a similar computer, maybe we can come up with a solution.

What are your specs?

My motherboard is a Gigabyte z490 vision D.

Specs:

PROCESSOR
Intel® Core™ i9-10900K CPU @ 3.70GHz
GRAPHICS
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
MEMORY
128 GB
STORAGE
WDC WD2002FAEX-007BA0
Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB
HP SSD EX920 1TB
KINGSTON SV300S37A240G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here is the basicsCapture.PNG

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/drivers/results/167762/

apparently this drivier might fix it, i am trying now installing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Any news about updating this driver. Did it change something? I'm driving myself crazy with all this freezing. 

My Specs:

PROCESSOR
AMD Ryzen 7 3700x
GRAPHICS
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 3070
MEMORY
32 GB
STORAGE
Samsung 970 500GB
Intel 660p 1TB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again,

I was all up to date with my NVIDIA drivers, so that wasn't it for me.

One thing I checked was my windows Event Viewer.

At around the same time as all my freezes, there were DriverFrameworks-UserMode failures on my headset. I'm using a Hyper-x Cloud II with the 7.1 adapter jack. I saw some stuff on reddit about how multiple people have a crash issue with that, and it stops crashing when the 7.1 function is disabled.

https://www.reddit.com/r/HyperX/comments/cmhe9w/cloud_ii_headset_crashing_my_pc/

Do you guys have that headset?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the same headset, from what I’m seeing the updated drivers are the
issue. I see people saying you need to revert back to the prior Studio
Drivers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah what the Hyper-X guy said was that there was a typo in their initial firmware release - so 0030 was actually 0003. So you're actually updating it. Hopefully this fixes it! Let me know how it goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again,

I did have that same headset and I returned it for the same reason you describe it here. Now, I did a factory reset to my PC and never put the headset back and this morning my Premiere Froze again. I'm lost here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does your Event Viewer say, under Critical?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I´ve been having the same problem with the latest version. I open a project and a few moments later my whole computer freezes and I have to shut it dow.

My Event Viewer says that the origin of the critical event is "Kernel-Power"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kernel power can mean a lot of things. In my case, when my computer would freeze I had to manually turn it off, so it would count as a Kernel-Power error.

It seems your problem is different. Here's an article that walks you through what to do. It's probably an outdated driver, faulty RAM or power supply issue? 

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/fix-windows-10-kernel-power-error/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines