• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere KIlling Disk Space

Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I boot my system, I have 8.7 GB of available storage.  When I start Premiere, it drops to 5 GB, and continues to drop as I run the software, until I have 2 MB remaining, and I cannot even save my project.  All of my media is stored on an external raid drive with 16TB of available space.  My media cache, and scratch disks all write to this drive as well.

I'm working off of a 2012 Macbook Pro, running Sierra 12.5, and Premiere v13.1.  I am required to continue using this version of Premiere, as I must be on the same version as other editors on the show, and I cannot upgrade my operating system because I have other software I run on this specific OS.

If someone could explain to me why this problem is happening, and how I can fix it, I would appreciate it.  Chat support, and Phone support have failed me.

Many thanks.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

what kind of footage are you using?

if AVC Intra, XDCAM HD or IMX try to switch off automatically refresh growing files

from preferences - media

I know you have a special case scenario, but it is always better to do editing inside 

premiere pro on Local Drives and keep external drives just for backups...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines