Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys!

Few weeks ago I bought an great PC -

128 gb RAMs

AMD Ryzen 9 5950x 16 cores  3,40 GHz

GeForce RTX 3090 Gaming TRIO

SSD discs of course

I work on simple files - gopro footage + some basic 1080 clips from my GH4. Of course I didn't bought this kind of PC for files like this - I want to work on 4k files from new Sony a7s III, but... I'm scared 😄

Even on this low formats I have sometimes problems with Premiere - I just did some video with PIP - Picture in Picture - and I cand even play it in real time in Premiere. Everything is lagging - not only preview - whole program is shaking like crazy.

My PC while playing the PIP segment in Premiere uses like 5% of his capabilities so... Is there anything I could to "pimp my Premiere"? 

To be hones I choosed my PC preferences exacly for Premier so I am pretty mad right now...

TOPICS
Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A lot of AMD CPU and Nvidia GPU systems have this problem. Try dissabling Nvenc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FWA,

Sorry about this. Try a clean installation of your NVIDIA Studio Drivers. Avoid the NVIDIA game ready drivers, especially the ones released in January. See if that helps your situation.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3) Make sure that NVidia G-Sync is off in driver control panel
4) Make sure you are using NVidia 'Studio' driver and not 'Game ready' one
5) Reset workspace: Window > Workspaces > Reset to saved layout
6) Try on/off "Mercury Transmit" option (Preferences > Playback > Enable Mercury Transmit)
7) Try Preferences > Audio Hardware > Default Input => select "No Input"
8) Try Preferences > Device Control > none
9) If you are working with 2+ monitors, try if a single display setup has same issue

If nothing above helps - Try to turn off Hardware accelerated DEcoding in Preferences > Media... Remember to clear media cache each time you change this settings, also after any app/driver update as well. Close PP and manually clean media cache (goto %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common and clean/delete folders: Media Cache, Media Cache Files, PTX, Peak Files)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Something to be aware of is that the type of media you work with has a massive impact on performance. It's not uncommon to see posts about people building beefy computers that still end up struggling with the footage they are trying to work with. There certainly could be other hardware-related things going on, but be aware of how much the media and your workflow matters.

A stable, efficient experience is usually going to come from working with optimized media.

Some video codecs are going to be more challenging to edit than others, such as the H264/5 coming from the cameras you're working with. Variable framerate media will have a further negative impact (some new GoPros will disappointingly shoot VFR now). High framerate, high res will add to the impact. Having multiple video tracks playing simulataneously (like PIP) will impact you. Adding effects and color grading early in the edit process will impact you.

A good start on learning about video codecs:

https://blog.frame.io/2017/02/15/choose-the-right-codec/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines