Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Lags each time I update it

Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

Premiere lags and gets really slow each time I update it to a new version. The solution that I found working is to uninstall and reinstall it again, which is really annoying to have to do that every time Adobe releases a new update. I have just updated it to the 14.6 version and the same issue occurred.
Does anyone know a better way to solve this issue instead of having to give it a clean installation for each new update that gets released?

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Crash , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

This might have had the same effect: when you first install a new version, before using it, delete all cache/cache-media files. It tends to prevent all sorts of updating crud.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

I do always delete the Cache Files, Media Cache Files and delete all files in the C:\Users\UserName\Documents\Adobe\Premiere Pro\14.0 folder before i launch the new install. I skipped the C:\Users\UserName\Documents\Adobe\Premiere Pro\14.0 today and i could not playback any media and the video were garblaged.

The only file i keep is my keyboard shortcuts that are located here: C:\Users\UserName\Documents\Adobe\Premiere Pro\14.0\Profile-UserName\Win

FAQ: How to clear your cache in Premiere Pro 2019

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This might have had the same effect: when you first install a new version, before using it, delete all cache/cache-media files. It tends to prevent all sorts of updating crud.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do always delete the Cache Files, Media Cache Files and delete all files in the C:\Users\UserName\Documents\Adobe\Premiere Pro\14.0 folder before i launch the new install. I skipped the C:\Users\UserName\Documents\Adobe\Premiere Pro\14.0 today and i could not playback any media and the video were garblaged.

The only file i keep is my keyboard shortcuts that are located here: C:\Users\UserName\Documents\Adobe\Premiere Pro\14.0\Profile-UserName\Win

FAQ: How to clear your cache in Premiere Pro 2019

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your help. Much appreciated.
Clearing the cash was spot on. It solved the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines