Highlighted

Premiere last version v14.5 too slow to work with

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello!

I assume the last update is doing something weird because all of the sudden Premiere is acting so so slow compared to what I was used to, especially the playback !

Right before the latest update, everything was just fine! I edited about 40 videos of 1 min each, dealing as usual with 4K and HD 25fps files coming from my Sony A7III. Nothing was wrong.

Now I have basically the same workflow, just different outcome as I aim to create a 20min video. Yet using the same type of files, when I uncecked the video levels, audio rolls quite smootly but once I enable one little clip to play with the audio, it's incredibly slow!

I cleared media cache and tried all other tips and tricks to speed up but no luck yet.

This drives me crazy! Please help!

My specs are the following:

PREMIERE PRO V14.5

macOS Catalina 10.15.7

Mac Pro late 2013

Processor 2,7 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon E5

Memory 128 GB 1066 MHz DDR3

Startup disk Machintosh HD

Graphics AMD FirePro D300 2G

Thank you in advance!

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premiere last version v14.5 too slow to work with

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello!

I assume the last update is doing something weird because all of the sudden Premiere is acting so so slow compared to what I was used to, especially the playback !

Right before the latest update, everything was just fine! I edited about 40 videos of 1 min each, dealing as usual with 4K and HD 25fps files coming from my Sony A7III. Nothing was wrong.

Now I have basically the same workflow, just different outcome as I aim to create a 20min video. Yet using the same type of files, when I uncecked the video levels, audio rolls quite smootly but once I enable one little clip to play with the audio, it's incredibly slow!

I cleared media cache and tried all other tips and tricks to speed up but no luck yet.

This drives me crazy! Please help!

My specs are the following:

PREMIERE PRO V14.5

macOS Catalina 10.15.7

Mac Pro late 2013

Processor 2,7 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon E5

Memory 128 GB 1066 MHz DDR3

Startup disk Machintosh HD

Graphics AMD FirePro D300 2G

Thank you in advance!

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 30, 2020 0

Have something to add?