• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere malfunction mystery

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Premiere for at least 10 years entirely on Mac until this year.  I recently built an extremely fast Windows computer and have moved to editing on that platform.  Love it!  I completed my first project in 1080, a 10 camera live event shoot of a rock band, edited in eight days.  I exported two 90 minute programs, one of each of the two sets, no problems at all with Premiere 2020.  My next project, currently just started, was fixing the edit of a 4K indie film that suffers from pacing issues and story structure.  After I received the footage/data from the producers my problems began before I could perform a single edit. 

They delivered 2 raids (one 8TB and one 12 TB) and a 12TB drive with a docking station, all connecting with bluetooth 3.0.  The 12 TB raid failed and the producers sent a 12 TB drive with the same content to replace it.  At first I used a docking station with two bays and then moved each of the two drives to its own docking station.  In Premiere these drives would disengage after a few seconds of playback, so I moved them to internal esata bays, one connected to the mother board and the other connected to a separate esata board.  This caused Adobe CC to think I had a second Windows computer and I had to quit the first in order to use the 2nd.  I have only a license that permits 2 computers and I kept the Mac online.   After that, Premiere began malfunctioning, so after many tests, I moved the drives back to the docks. This necessitated changing back to the original Windows computer choice.   Still it malfunctioned.  Opened the 1st project, the one that went perfectly and now it had the same malfunction as my new project.  Clearly I now had a 2nd problem not hardware related. 

I uninstalled Premiere using the CC interface and shut down then reinstalled, shut down again, then opened Premiere, created a new project and imported a clip... same malfunction.  Tried this again, same result.  Premiere plays the clips in any project with a stacatto stutter/flutter as the playhead moves quickly forward and backward in very fast, minute increments causing the picture to flutter light and dark while producing distorted audio that sounds  like it's being played through a kazoo with fuzztone added. 

I need to get Premiere working again on my Windows somputer.  The 1st project exists internally on a Samsung EVO 970 SSD NvMe  and was never on an external drive, yet that project suffers from the same Premiere aberration as the 2nd even after reinstalling twice.  Once Premiere is fixed, I can then address the issue of how to best deal with the external drives throughput.  I'm out of solutions and need help.  The support center is useless.  I spent an hour on the phone with a man whose accent was so strong I could only understand about 20% of what he said.  After taking control of my screen, he tried all the ususal fixes I had already tried, but he could not understand the problem and he could not hear the audio remotely, so he hung up with no ideas to help me fix Premiere. What to do?

TOPICS
Audio , Crash , Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?