Highlighted

Premiere Media Browser not seeing Panasonic P2 Directory

Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating to 2020, Premiere's Media Browser no longer uses the metadata to pull clips in my Panasonic P2 CONTENTS directory, it just sees individual folders and files.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by R Neil Haugen | Adobe Community Professional

Have you dumped your cache/cache database files? That might help ...

Neil

Delete/Trash Media/cache files

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premiere Media Browser not seeing Panasonic P2 Directory

Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating to 2020, Premiere's Media Browser no longer uses the metadata to pull clips in my Panasonic P2 CONTENTS directory, it just sees individual folders and files.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by R Neil Haugen | Adobe Community Professional

Have you dumped your cache/cache database files? That might help ...

Neil

Delete/Trash Media/cache files

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 11, 2019 2
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to the Premiere Pro forum from Community Help

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 11, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue has been reproduced in Premiere Pro 14.0/2020 and is currently under investigation.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 11, 2019 4
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what it's worth, I just confirmed this by reinstalling Premiere CC 2019 and the same P2 media folders imported normally. I could see the individual clips in 2020 in the Video folder and they had their audio connected, but they weren't joined into the hour-long take as shot (an event). I also noted that the View icon in the Media Browser only saw them as a Director. P2 was grayed-out.

Thanks for making it so easy to revert to the earlier version. 

Ric

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 22, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well great, I've got to revert to the older version.  How will we find out when this has been fixed?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 26, 2019 0
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there any news about this problem? It still remains! There is always something with "Premiere Pro" always a new bug you are not expecting. Please fix it! We pay money and need to work with it! Way too many bugs for this price range!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 16, 2019 0
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news? More than a month and still nothing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 30, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By corporate policy, no development team can give out timetables for updates/patches. So we'll know when it 'drops'. Not exactly considered the most user-friendly stance but the corporate lawyers see themselves restricted in public announcements on account of the publicly traded stock nature of the company.

Yea, it's a pain.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 30, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Trent!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 11, 2019 0
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been going crazy trying to figure out what setting was reset after the update. At least I'm not alone. Excited for an answer! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, however mine is from the panasonic cx-350 as I have MOV files within it.  Either directly from the camera or with the SD card in a reader. It also crashes Prelude! Maybe because it has a P2 format within the card?

edit: I should of mentioned that when I try to open the files from the mounted card in media browser, it just crashes PPro as well as Prelude.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 22, 2019 0
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the same issue with the Panasonic CX-350 file format from SD cards as well as the Panasonic PX-270 microP2 cards.

My specs

iMac Pro (2017)

macOS Catalina

2.3GHz 18-Core Intel Xeon W

128GB 2666 MHz DDR4

Radeon Pro Vega 64 16GB

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 20, 2019 0