• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Nightmare - Black/black screen to crash

Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2017 Jul 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been working on a file for a couple of months working on a number of interviews for a client.

All of a sudden my file has stopped working.

After working for about a minute (if I'm lucky) in the file I start to get a black monitor, then the wheel of death and then the rest of the computer grinds to a halt.

Even if I change the workspace to a different layout it also crashes. If I save it get's almost to the end and the stops.

I'm running a retina iMac 4GHz Inter Core i7 with AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4096 MB with 32GB 1600 MHz DDR3 ram. I have 1.56 TB of disk space available.

In order to fix this I have updated to the latest version of Premiere and macOS Sierra as well as being on the phone to Adobe. Resetting the preferences on Premiere, uninstalling and reinstalling Premier. Renaming various folders 'old' so it creates new folders. Imported the project into a new project and changed the renderer settings. I've moved the main folder to my desktop and relinked all the footage. It worked for a short time before giving up again.

I'm told that there is no problem with Premiere but I still get the same issue with old versions of the file. This is after someone from Adobe starts a file with 3 videos and claims it's working just fine.

I'm not using any third party plugins although when I start up it is telling me that DeCrakler, DeNoiser and Dynamics are obsolete. I'm guessing they're obsolete functions in the new version of Premiere.

I'm running out of options and don't want to lose weeks of work. You guys have any ideas how to save the day?

One thought would be to try and copy and past each sequence into a new document. Not sure if this will work. It will also take a long time.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Ryan(London)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 05, 2017 Jul 05, 2017

RyanD7  wrote

One thought would be to try and copy and past each sequence into a new document. Not sure if this will work. It will also take a long time.

Open a new project and import the old one into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a test, open the project and go to File > Project Settings > General and set the renderer to either Open CL (first choice) or Software Only (second choice) and see if that has any effect.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortuantely we went through the 3 options with no effect.

Im wondering whether a project can ever become too big?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the preferences:

FAQ: How to reset preferences in Premiere Pro?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peru Bob. I've also already tried that. No luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 05, 2017 Jul 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RyanD7  wrote

Open a new project and import the old one into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peru Bob. It did take me a long time, but not as long as starting again. Thank you (and everyone else) for helping out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same issue here: black preview window. Need to work, will edit now in DaVinci which works flawless and cancel my adobe subscription now forever!!!

Specs:

Windows 10 Pro

Intel i9-9900K

128GB RAM 

2x RTX 2060 super

1 TB M.2

2 TB M.2 Cache

All the newest drivers and versions installed (02.11.2020)

AND NO I WON´T TURN OFF CUDA!!! BECAUSE I BOUGHT MY 10K EDITING PC TO HAVE THE PERFECT EDITING EXPERIENCE FOR ME AND SAVE TIME FOR MY CLIENTS!!! AND NOT TO DISCOVER THAT I COULD´VE STICKED TO MY 2010 LAPTOP BECAUSE THE SOFTWARE IS CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines