• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere - No audio playback after Windows 10 ver 2004 update

Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a long time Premiere editor (since the late 90's) Anyone else experiencing no audio playback after Windows 10 was updated to ver 2004?

I'm only experiencing this in Premiere and not in other apps.  I did all the standard troubleshooting (I.E. Checked Premiere Audio Hardware preferences, updated audio drivers, checked audio board connections, rebooted PC, etc.)  Windows doesn't show any errors on my audio cards (system and Black Magic DeckLink 4K Extreme) and my Premiere audio meters are working during playback.  I checked Black Magic's website and haven't seen any new updates.  I aslo tried to switch my Premiere audio preferences to my standard onboard audio card but I still don't hear anything.

SYSTEM INFO:
x64-based PC
OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3600 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
BaseBoard Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
BaseBoard Product MAXIMUS IX FORMULA
RAM 64GB
Graphics Card- NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080
Onboard Motherboard sound card - Realtek HD audio
I/O Card Blackmagic DeckLink 4K Extreme

Any help would be great! Thanks!

TOPICS
Audio , Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've clearly done a lot of the general troubleshooting many people would recommend. Hopefully this gets in front of someone that has experienced something more specific to what you have going on here and with your hardware config.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does the default input in the audio hardware say?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It reads, "no input." 

Update: I ran a reset of  Premiere's default settings.  This resulted in me being able to hearing audio audio through my standard motherboard audio port but still no luck with my Black Magic DeckLink 4K Extreme card.  My hope is that there will be an update from Black Magic. In the meantime, I can move forward with the current audio config.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem has been solved.  It did end up being on the Blagmagic side of things.  I went into my Blackmagic Desktop Video Setup app and navigated to my XLR Analog Ouput Levels settings.  They were set to 0.00 db.  All I did was set them to a random db level and then set them back to 0.00 db and then saved the settings.  This fixed the problem.  Not sure why it worked but I found this solution on an old Blackmagic DeckLink 4k Extreme community thread.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

and thanks for closing out the thread.  Not enough people do.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines