Premiere not updating audio from AE through Dynamic Link

Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm using a composition from AE in Premiere via Dynamic Link. The problem is that Premiere just isn't recognising changes I've made to the AE file.

Every time I play the comp in Premiere, there's music playing even though it doesn't exist the AE project. Originally there was a music track in the comp but I've removed it, it's not in the timeline at all any more.

I've tried creating a whole new project and reimporting the comp again, but the same thing happens, the music is still there!

any ideas?

I was able to repro what you are seeing and wrote a bug file for this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premiere not updating audio from AE through Dynamic Link

Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm using a composition from AE in Premiere via Dynamic Link. The problem is that Premiere just isn't recognising changes I've made to the AE file.

Every time I play the comp in Premiere, there's music playing even though it doesn't exist the AE project. Originally there was a music track in the comp but I've removed it, it's not in the timeline at all any more.

I've tried creating a whole new project and reimporting the comp again, but the same thing happens, the music is still there!

any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 09, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nice catch. As a workaround, can you simply delete the audio in your timeline?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 09, 2018 0
Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I've ended up doing, which is fine, so at least I can continue working on it. Just wanted to know if anyone else had encountered this issue

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 09, 2018 0
Jun 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This bug is still present in 2019 release. Is there hopes of a fix?! I'm editing various nested comps, converted to AE files in Premiere. Then opening them and adding audio as a guiide track to animate. Then jumping back to Premiere to edit all of them together. But when I make changes to the audio ONLY, in AE, the chnages do not update in Premiere. The dynamic link only refreshes if there is a change the visuals. My work around was to add and remove a solid layer above the comp each time to force Premier to update. PLEASE FIX THIS! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 13, 2019 2
Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, the video update immediately, the audio doesn't... I have to render the AE compositions and import them back as actual videos into Premiere.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 29, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 09, 2018 0
Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

brilliant, thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 09, 2018 0