• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere not using GPU?

Explorer ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm an advanced user with 2 2080ti PCs. Latest Windows, latest drivers etc. Both PCs max out CPU (i9-9900k) on rendering and exporting but the GPUs sit mostly idle.

I've tried all the combinations of render options in Premiere.

Is there a trick I'm missing or should I hold tight? My GPUs are flawless in other apps - 4K graphically intensive games, for example.

TOPICS
Export , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The GPU only helps render effects. That being said the GPU can help render h.264/265 but you have to use hardware acceleration. The video might be helpful.

https://youtu.be/l8qte40pykI

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I read the link and watched the video unfortunately they just assure me something is amiss. All the options are set correctly and I'm testing across different projects. Maybe it's the latest update but there's also a weird delay now before rendering and exporting starting that wasn't there before.

The GPU seems to be completely bypassed as if the settings are ignored although. I'll keep investigating. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update. I've gone back to 14.3 seems a little better.  I dunno, maybe a placebo and I got lucky (upto 30% GPU on the same videos that had 0% before) though the only thing in 14.3.1 patch notes that could possibly, maybe be a hint is  H264/HEVC playback improvements when using Premiere Pro on Windows running Intel processors

Not sure that would effect anything but I am using an intel i9-9900k and H264. I dunno, maybe a placebo and I got lucky.

I just hope things improve in general, I imigine it's a minefield for Adobe making updates for so many different configurations on top of different OS and drivers. It just seems this year I've been having way too many issues when last year was perfect.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are using an i9 9900K you might find the video below helpful.

https://youtu.be/pE6t1ryanO4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines