• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere only accepting audio not video for OBS recorded video

Explorer ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to transfer some footage captured in OBS into a Premiere but when I try to do that it only accepts the audio, not the video. I've talked to the OBS people about it and they aggressively insist that OBS records constant frame rate. I'm using .mov for the format.

TOPICS
Editing , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would changing the files exenstion to mpg4 work? Could you record to MJPEG (not the best video codec). The video below might be helpful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUnzq94iuJg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

.mov is just a "container" that includes video encoded which can be made with a variety of different "codecs". Download media info and tell us the "format" in the text window.   In this case "prores" and the format profile in this case 422 hq a couple of lines below the format

Screen Shot 2021-04-27 at 7.35.29 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here's the link for media info

https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The constant vs variable framerate thing shouldn't really have anything to do with whether or not you can import the video.

Despite what the OBS people tell you, it most definitely records into Variable Framerate if it can't keep up with the recording. OBS can record constant framerate, but it does record into VFR. (Source: someone who helps people fix VFR issues every. single. day.) 

I don't really know why it would help, but you can try remuxing your recording in OBS to a different format, like MP4 or TS or something. It takes only a second to do.

RemuxRecordings.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried remuxing into .mp4. The video still doesn't show up.

I really need to cut OBS from my life (especially because the support Discord forum is such a trainwreck). Does anyone have any suggestions for an alternative?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OBS video should definitely be making it into Premiere. Just to clarify, after you import it can you open and play it in the source monitor? Does it just go into the timeline as only audio?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can't help if you don't answer the questions in a systematic fashion.  Please download media info and tell us the codec (or compressor) of the clip that you're trying to import.

and come to think of it...Please tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card.  If you have a very old version of premiere, that might be the source of the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the MediaInfo of one of the videos I'm trying to use:

Format : MPEG-4
Format profile : QuickTime
Codec ID : qt 0000.02 (qt )
File size : 4.34 MiB
Duration : 14 s 700 ms
Overall bit rate mode : Variable
Overall bit rate : 2 478 kb/s
Writing application : Lavf58.29.100

I'm using Premiere Pro 2021 on Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing, it's helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I still need this issue fixed 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines