Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

premiere opening wrong version

Explorer ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*editing on MacBook Pro*

I have a project file that is saved to the most recent version of premiere 2020 (so current version)... it shows up on my harddrive as the 2019 premiere logo (same, but slightly different looking) and it ALWAYS tries to open in 2019 premiere, I get the usual "newwer version, can't be opened in this version" so I have to quit premiere 2019, manually open premiere pro 2020, and THEN open the project file... I know it's not that much extra work, but it's still weird/annoying that it always tries to open in the wrong version... I removed 2019 from my dock but it's technically still on my laptop... should I be deleting old versions of premiere off my laptop? I guess I like to keep them in case I have an old project file, even though it can just be converted i guess... any ideas? do people normally delete the old version after updating to the new one?

TOPICS
Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you try to open this project manually in premiere 2020 and save a new copy of this project ?  And when you save it change the name and the location so you can find it easily on your pc..It should be saved as a 2020 project

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines