• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere panels crash on right click while debugging

Explorer ,
Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I have the Chrome debugger open to localhost:[DEBUGGING PORT] while running the corresponding Premiere panel (including PProPanel) and then attempt to right click on the panel, the panel silently closes and the debugger halts with the error message "Debugging connection was closed. Reason: WebSocket disconnected."

I'm experiencing this issue both in Chrome (87.0.4280.88) and in the cefclient bundled with CEP 10 (74.1.33.0). Without a connection to the debugger, right click works correctly and brings up a contextual menu with no problem. 

I'm running Adobe Premiere 14.7.0 build 23 on macOS Mojave 10.14.6 (and I'm unable to update to Catalina or higher for testing, sorry).

TOPICS
Crash , SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not seeing any issue on my system: PPro 14.7x23 (shipping), Chrome version 88.0.4324.50 (Official Build) beta (x86_64), or MacOS 11.1.

Difference in behavior: Right (or ctrl-) clicking doesn't bring up any context menu, in PProPanel; only in non-CEP parts of PPro's UI. What do you see, for PProPanel's context menu?

Since you see it in the CEFClient as well, it seems like a CEP issue, and not specific to PPro...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange. I recorded a video to show what I'm seeing, and in the process of doing that, somehow it's no longer silently crashing, it's generating a crash report. So video and crash report are linked here.

When I right click on the background of the extension, you're right, there's nothing PProPanel-specific. I get a standard browser-type context menu with Back, Forward, Print, and View Page Source. If I click over text, I get a Copy option. I'm also seeing this issue on my own extensions with custom additions to the context menu.

In the video, I do some right clicking, then I enable the debugger, switch back into Premiere, and right click, which crashes the panel. 

I'll be on a different computer later today running High Sierra, I'll give it a try there and see what happens.

Video: https://www.dropbox.com/s/o7itqzgpbcf4pwv/CEP%20Crash%20-%20Report%20Generated.mov?dl=0

Crash Report: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xg17lxilapyplm5/adb13983-bbc9-4eb3-9b2a-0adfc21d1105.dmp?dl=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am seeing the same behavior in the After Effects Generate Complex Comp sample panel, so I'd agree, this seems like a CEP issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi evryone

I'm not seeing any issue on my system: PPro 14.7x23 (shipping), Chrome version 88.0.4324.50 (Official Build) beta or MacOS 11.1.

Difference in behavior: Right clicking doesn't mention any context menu, in PProPanel; music only in non-CEP parts of PPro's UI. What does one see, for PProPanel's context menu?
Since you see it within the CEFClient also , it looks like a CEP issue, and not specific to PPro...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like I'm having the same issue on another machine running High Sierra, 10.13.6 with the same versions of Premiere and Chrome as above.  I also tried installing the Chrome beta build Bruce was running and had the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've asked the CEP team to provide further guidance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. Feel free to reach out if there's anything I can do to help the team track it down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines