Premiere playback error

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please check the attached file for context.

I regularly edit videos using Premiere Pro, and have never had an issue. Today, I opened up the software to edit, imported some files, only to find that playback is all messed up, making it impossible to edit. It's as if it's kinda sped up, but it's also strangely jumpy, and it's like anyone speaking sounds like a character from The Sims!

At first I thought there was an issue with my files, so I opened them in windows media player and also VLC to check, but they play fine. I also tried importing other clips from past projects that I know are 100% fine, but the same issue persists with these.

All of my clips play fine outside of Premiere, and I can even still export from Premiere and then playback the exported clips outside of it with no issue!

But inside Premiere, the playback is just all over the place, and I can't find any sort of fix.

To my knowledge, I haven't changed any settings or hit any keys that I don't usually press. I've no clue what changed since the last time I edited a video.

I have now reinstalled the software three times, clearing out all my old data in the process, but still, the issue persists. All of my other programs are running perfectly fine, including games.

Anyone got a clue as to how to fix this?

[title edited by mod]

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

1 Correct Answer

New Here , Jan 18, 2021
ryanr61040309 New Here , Jan 18, 2021
No, they're from a DSLR. But I was having the same issue with literally any file I imported to Premiere Pro, including files that I've used just as recently as last week with the software. But, I did find a solution here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/my-previews-are-playing-in-fast-forward/td-p/8030389?page=1 Turned out that I had installed 'Epocam' from Elgato sometime in the last week, and it had changed the source in my audio input settings. Somehow, that setting being changed ...

Translate

Translate
Jump to answer Jump to answer
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

screenshot.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a "basic" comment, there's an Nvidia game ready driver causing all sorts of odd pains in Premiere. If you've got an Nvidia GPU, make sure you're on the latest or next-to-latest Studio driver.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are these files from a screen recording or smart phone?  If so, variable frame rates may be the issue

use mediainfo to determine whether your source is variable or constant frame rate

https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download

if it's variable use handbrake to convert to constant frame rate

https://handbrake.fr
and here's a tutorial on how to use handbrake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=34&v=xlvxgVREX-Y

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, they're from a DSLR. But I was having the same issue with literally any file I imported to Premiere Pro, including files that I've used just as recently as last week with the software.

But, I did find a solution here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/my-previews-are-playing-in-fast-forward/td-p/8030389?pag...

Turned out that I had installed 'Epocam' from Elgato sometime in the last week, and it had changed the source in my audio input settings. Somehow, that setting being changed resulted in Premiere not playing back my clips correctly. Bizare.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for closing the thread.  Hopefully this will help other people with this problem.  Always need to be careful installing new software and we don't always remember to ask that question...  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines