May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SPECS:

- Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.21 GHz

- 16.0 GB RAM

- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

Hi everybody.

I have a problem where one specific project seems to go bananas whenever I open my browser, spotify, file explorer, task manager, basically any window other than premiere. Whenever I do this, once I go back into premiere I get either one of the following:

- Playhead is completely stuck.

- Video keeps playing after I pause

- Preview is stuck but audio is playing

I've tried everything I found online, including deleting media cache, duplicating the project, changing the renderer engine, resetting the workspace, creating proxies and more, but I haven't seen anyone mention this specific problem so I'm making this post. 

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try Preferences > Audio Hardware and set Input to None.

If that doesn’t work, try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site. Do a clean install of the latest Studio Driver (NOT the Game Driver)
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-fix-for-nvidia-gpu-crashes-when-using-a-laptop-on-wi....

If that doesn't work, try creating a new project and import the old one into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

are any of your source files from a screen capture or shot on a smartphone?  If so, the problem is probably that you're working with sources with a variable frame rate.  Hard to predict how things will get screwed up because of VFR material and never heard of this, but figured it was worth asking.

And have you tried creating a new projecting and importing the problem project?  That will sometimes fix things...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines