Premiere Playback Glitch / Static / Lag?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glitch Problem - Premiere.PNGI've never seen anything like this problem before -- I was working in a 3 minute sequence I edited, came back to it the next day, and the footage had a glitch that came up every couple seconds in the middle or on the top half of the screen (see picture). And the worst problem is it exports this way too --  it's not just a playback issue. I checked out the footage in my folder and it runs totally smooth, so that's not the problem. It most likely has to do with something in Premiere. I updated to the latest version and it is still having the same issue. I even went into Edit > Preferences > Audio Hardware and changed the latency to lower and that had no effect. Same with File > Project Settings > General > and changed the Renderer from CUDA to Software Only... no difference. Could it be a problem with the audio driver? I've heard sometimes that can fix lag. But it's primarily a glitch and not a lag that is the problem. Any help is much appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premiere Playback Glitch / Static / Lag?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glitch Problem - Premiere.PNGI've never seen anything like this problem before -- I was working in a 3 minute sequence I edited, came back to it the next day, and the footage had a glitch that came up every couple seconds in the middle or on the top half of the screen (see picture). And the worst problem is it exports this way too --  it's not just a playback issue. I checked out the footage in my folder and it runs totally smooth, so that's not the problem. It most likely has to do with something in Premiere. I updated to the latest version and it is still having the same issue. I even went into Edit > Preferences > Audio Hardware and changed the latency to lower and that had no effect. Same with File > Project Settings > General > and changed the Renderer from CUDA to Software Only... no difference. Could it be a problem with the audio driver? I've heard sometimes that can fix lag. But it's primarily a glitch and not a lag that is the problem. Any help is much appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 13, 2018 0
Advocate ,
Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well you DID try the first thing I would've recommended which was disable GPU acceleration. But if that didn't working, there is one other thing to try which is purging the Media Cache manually. Quit Premiere and go here:

Mac: /Users/yourusername/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common

Windows: \Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common

Delete the folders labeled Media Cache, Media Cache Files and Peak Files while you're at it for good measure. When you reopen the project, it might take a few moments for all the cache files to regenerate depending on how much media was originally imported. Let us know if that does it!

More info on on the Media Cache in this handy dandy article I wrote : The Definitive Guide to Adobe Premiere Pro's Media Cache — Video Review & Approval

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 13, 2018 1
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same issue and purging the media cache did not work for me.  I notice that this occurred after I updated Premiere Pro to the 2018 version.  All of my footage is on a hard drive, but I don't have any other media or projects on the hard drive appearing this way.

Screen Shot 2018-02-13 at 2.57.47 PM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 13, 2018 0
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I notice that when I bring the clips back into premiere pro a second time, they do not have the "glitch". I think the problem is related to how premiere is processing individual clips.  The glitch still happens after I purged the media cache and allowed premiere to create new cache for the clips. The temp solution right now is to re-import all of the footage, but that would mean re-cutting and adding them to the timeline which I don't have capacity for time-wise. Hoping there is a more feasible solution. Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 13, 2018 0
Hue5FF8 LATEST
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated premiere pro now when I play back all I hear is static and and error parsing properties list from meomery. Any help please 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 06, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I think I figured out the problem, or at least a couple ways around it:

1. I had to interpret my footage and change it to the right frame rate. What I was initially doing was just placing my Sony's 60fps footage into the sequence, right-clicking, and adjusting the speed to 40%. Instead of doing this, I went back to my footage in the project window, duplicated each shot, then selected Modify > Interpret Footage > assume this frame rate: 24.00. Then I instead dragged that new duplicated clip back into the sequence and had to find the timing again and the precise ins and outs.

2. But for some reason, my Gh4 footage still didn't work when I interpreted the footage. So my quickest workaround was selecting all the Gh4 shots and clicking "replace with After Effects Composition." So that tells me the problem is in Premiere. Hope this helps any of you 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 13, 2018 0